• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo / trailer decal i just did (inspired by this forum...lol.)

Vohaul

quick logo i just did up for a customers food trailer.....inspired from a certain well known member on here...

(but before anyone asks, no i didnt copy it from them, the character is actually from shutterstock.)

Attachments

• 44662660_158091975143611_768283668304101376_n.jpg
    44662660_158091975143611_768283668304101376_n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 819

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
yes the phone #s need to be easy to read, but the current numbers look out of place with the western theme.

would try/suggest using a "western" themed font, would make the flow better
https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontmesa/cowboy-western/
Completely agree. You need 'complimentary' fonts of at least a similar niche.
Not exactly sure if I'd pair the design with the "Cowboy Western" font family. But definitely something similar that gives a bit more western feel to match the main logo font. Otherwise - really nice design. Congrats Vohaul

SignsSupport

Pat Whatley

Only a designer would notice this, the general public wouldn't see it or care, but the clash in styles just screams "thrown together" to me. The wagon wheel and the lettering are rough and distressed, the cowboy guy is ultra-clean, smooth clip art, and the phone numbers look like they just got thrown in there in the most generic compressed font you had. The top red line is a crudely traced drybrush line while the rest of the red looks like it was solid with a grunge filter applied to it.

burgmurk

In addition to others comments re: the typeface, bandana-masks don't really conform to the lips like that, and he looks funny not being 'grunged up" like the rest of the logo.

Vohaul

cool, only one scathingly bad review of the logo..for this place, i think thats pretty good:)...

and yes, i did notice the clean vs rough difference.....for what i was making on it, i really didnt want to sink more time into A) grunging it up the character or B) weeding and masking the grunge stuff
hence why the top drybrush line has more particulate than the bottom....

i do wish id used a different font for the numbers now, however....oh well, they were over the moon for it all

signman315

Signmaker
In general it has great bones but as others mentioned it has "inconsistent visual language" i.e. the style of illustration is inconsistent among the various design elements. It's a very common error, so much so that the general public accepts it. As sign and graphic designers it's more "accepted" but as an illustrator it's a newbie move. And although the client probably insisted upon it but I can't stand two phone numbers for a single business, simply confusing they should just have one number forwarded to the other and advertise only one.

If you want to grunge up everything to make it more consistent and avoid production issues like weeding out all the grunged pieces then you could consider enveloping it in a container like a circle/oval so that the interior is solid piece and the grunge effect is printed and you only have to weed the perimeter. But again those are finer details that aren't going to turn off your average viewer and overall you've done really nice work. There's for sure a lot of mistakes you didn't make! Nice work!

decalman

It's okay but I would only use red and black together on rare occasion.

It says in my color book that they are bad harmony.
I take notice, and I can agree with the book.

Vohaul

It's okay but I would only use red and black together on rare occasion.

It says in my color book that they are bad harmony.
I take notice, and I can agree with the book.

thankis, but its actually not black,....its a deep reddish brown