• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

long-tail keywords for sign shops and help with search

bayviewsignworks

We're looking to increase traffic to our website. 1) do we just pay Google and hope they increase our hits?
2) do we revamp or website, currently a GoDaddy template based
3) just frequently update our site with new stuff, videos, images, text, tags, meta-data, etc?

what are long-tail keywords? Where do I place them in the code of the site? Meta-tags?

rjssigns

Website is only one facet of a marketing campaign. You also need to leverage social media. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter work together to generate media presence and drive traffic to your site.

As far as what you want to do take my advice. Hire a professional for website design, handle updates and manage SEO.

bannertime

If GoDaddy doesn't have a spot to input SEO Keywords and Info in the page templates, then you'd likely have to do it in the code. Probably best to hire someone or build the website somewhere else. Requirements change and hired help can make those changes. Can be pricey.

Dan360

+1 to hire someone

SEO is constantly changing and is best handled by someone who knows the ins and outs. Takes too much time to do it yourself and run your shop.

AKwrapguy

Depends on how serious you want to be about it. A professional will understand would be your best bet. If your doing it on your own, look at creating responsive site as Google is giving them a priority. Also look at watching some videos on SEO and how web-crawlers actually work.