• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at EFI Pro 24F, what are other options?

funkytone

We've been outsourcng our UV & White ink work to a few suppliers and are looking at bringing it in house now. One of my reps has recommended the EFI Pro 24F but because we're new to this aspect, I'm not sure what some comparables would be and it its a good fit for us.

Does this model sit on the low end or middle range of things?

We do about $100,000 - $120,000 annual sales on direct to substrate and White ink jobs that are subbed out and also have a Roland VS640 ecosolvent that we run all day every day.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

miguel abrante

We've been outsourcng our UV & White ink work to a few suppliers and are looking at bringing it in house now. One of my reps has recommended the EFI Pro 24F but because we're new to this aspect, I'm not sure what some comparables would be and it its a good fit for us.

Does this model sit on the low end or middle range of things?

We do about $100,000 - $120,000 annual sales on direct to substrate and White ink jobs that are subbed out and also have a Roland VS640 ecosolvent that we run all day every day.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

miguel abrante

EFI is definitely a great choice. We have the GC3200 , the QC3200 and a couple of 5300's still running strong after years of production. The systems are quite simple to maintain and parts and inks are always available. We're even thinking of selling the GC Flatbed roll to roll for a newer EFI Model.

chafro

The most common mistake when buying a flat bed is getting a low production one and needing to upgrade or buy a second one very soon!

My advice is to try and push your budget as far as you can, it will save you a lot of money long term.

Good flatbeds (in order of preference):
Swissqprint
EFI
Durst
OCE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superior_Adam

We have a 24F. Great machine. The main things to consider would be how many sheets are you looking to run in 1 day and what is the budget. We are a small shop and to get started into the market we started with a Mimaki JFX200. It is not a fast machine but after 5 years it is still running strong and have only had 1 tech visit. On a good quality print it will take about 15-20 minutes to print a 4x8 sheet full bleed. On the 24F you can get that time down to 5-6 minutes. The Mimaki will probably run you about $80,000.00 while the 24F will run you about $170,000.00.