• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a fotoba digitrim or xy cutter

bigben

Is there anyone that have a fotoba digitrim or xy cutter for sale? It could be another brand too.

Thank you.

Ben

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Good. Just want to be upfront with this. I'm located in Canada. I was looking for a basic model, but I'm interested.
The xld170 is an XY cutter. Digitrim is not.
Anyway If you can afford the XLD. ID go for it over a digitrim. Its far more versatile. It works in digitrim mode also but the blades are more robust.

bigben

The xld170 is an XY cutter. Digitrim is not.
Anyway If you can afford the XLD. ID go for it over a digitrim. Its far more versatile. It works in digitrim mode also but the blades are more robust.
Oh! Don't worry. I'm looking at fotoba cutters for quite some time. It's just a matter of budget. I would buy a XLA in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

victor bogdanov

Another brand to checkout is Miura II XY cutter, should be about 1/2 price of a new comparable fotoba. Fotoba has some advantages but it's close. I almost purchased a Miura but went with a flatbed instead

bigben

Another brand to checkout is Miura II XY cutter, should be about 1/2 price of a new comparable fotoba. Fotoba has some advantages but it's close. I almost purchased a Miura but went with a flatbed instead

I've looked at mirua and they seems pretty descent. I just wish they had the auto square like fotoba. We do lots of small quantity, so cutting in two passes for the xy is interesting to us. I also found two Chinese machine with good feedback. But again, no auto square.

Flatbed will be my next step, but the ones I'm looking for are min 100k$. Not in my budget for now.

victor bogdanov

I've looked at mirua and they seems pretty descent. I just wish they had the auto square like fotoba. We do lots of small quantity, so cutting in two passes for the xy is interesting to us. I also found two Chinese machine with good feedback. But again, no auto square.

Flatbed will be my next step, but the ones I'm looking for are min 100k$. Not in my budget for now.
I went with a Colex flatbed and 100% happy, glad I went with that over an XY, way more versatile

victor bogdanov

Colex is on top of my list with esko. Just can't afford it for now. And for what I'm looking to do right now, the digitrim or xy cutter will be faster.
XY may be faster than a flatbed but how much cutting are you doing? I cut 5-6 rolls per day on the flatbed in under 2hrs

bigben

XY may be faster than a flatbed but how much cutting are you doing? I cut 5-6 rolls per day on the flatbed in under 2hrs
I don't ment the colex won't do the job. Just I can't afford it right now. For certain jobs like longer panels, the xy will be faster. So when I'll buy a flatbed, I will keep the xy for those jobs.

victor bogdanov

I primarily do wallpaper panels, 10ft+ long panels. A full 60" x 100ft roll with 25+ panels takes 15 minutes to trim on the flatbed. The xy may be faster if your panels are all the same width etc but the flatbed has the advantage of cutting any panel width without manual adjustment (unless you get the latest and very expensive fotoba).

Looking back it would've been a huge mistake going with the xy over a flatbed and if your budget is 100k you should be able to find a flatbed in that price range.

bigben

I primarily do wallpaper panels, 10ft+ long panels. A full 60" x 100ft roll with 25+ panels takes 15 minutes to trim on the flatbed. The xy may be faster if your panels are all the same width etc but the flatbed has the advantage of cutting any panel width without manual adjustment (unless you get the latest and very expensive fotoba).

Looking back it would've been a huge mistake going with the xy over a flatbed and if your budget is 100k you should be able to find a flatbed in that price range.
That is exactly the point, I do not have 100k$ to buy a flatbed. I need to buy something ALOT cheaper for now. Sure, if I had the 100k$, I would buy a flatbed right now. But that is not the case. I need something below 30k$ ideally.

Mike Perth

We had a look at the Fotoba and Miura a while ago for our wallpaper finishing. From memory the Miura uses crush cutters and when the wp is butted up you could see the join as the cut wasn’t “square”. We went with a Summa F 1612 and haven’t looked back, with the barcode workflow and the mm accuracy taking out virtually all quality issues. We too thought we couldn’t afford it however the time it saves us more than makes up for the monthly payments. Can’t remember the last time I picked up a blade and straight edge.

victor bogdanov

That is exactly the point, I do not have 100k$ to buy a flatbed. I need to buy something ALOT cheaper for now. Sure, if I had the 100k$, I would buy a flatbed right now. But that is not the case. I need something below 30k$ ideally.
30k gets you a flatbed for 2+ years with the great financing/leasing options most offer. hopefully after that the machine is paying for itself

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Oh! Don't worry. I'm looking at fotoba cutters for quite some time. It's just a matter of budget. I would buy a XLA in a heartbeat if I could afford it.
XLA is only worth it if you need full automation. Web to print stuff. etc. It's double the price of the XLD.

A digitrim will get you there, but it's only an X cutter. you'll just double feed the jobs though. Not a huge deal but works well.
The XLD does this too, but i believe the Digitrim can read smaller marks.