• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a good condition Summa F Series

jtorrescd

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone here has or knows of someone / some place that is selling their Summa F Series flatbed cutter. We are running a Graphtec plotter, but that really doesn't work well with long runs of print, amongst other things that can't be achieved on that machine. We are currently located in Connecticut so anything local would be ideal, but any information overall would be great and helpful.

Thanks!

jfiscus

Rap Master
We recently upgraded to an FC9000 and it is so awesome we added another 3 months later. Cuts a whole roll of different cuts without stopping running barcodes, and can cut any length of a single print/cut file accurately with segmented marks.

jtorrescd

I have started looking into the FC9000. It looks like a solid machine but can anyone tell me if it is any good with through cutting? I want to know how it does with vinyl and also with more rigid substrates like magnet and .030 clear polycarb and eve .020 and .030 styrene. These are materials we are constantly having to hand trim and hence the reasoning behind wanting a flatbed vs another plotter. Another concern is length. jfiscus mentioned that they can do full rolls with different projects with no problem, however, does anyone have insight how it does with single runs of lets say 10'+ like if its panels for wall murals and things of that nature?

ProColorGraphics

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone here has or knows of someone / some place that is selling their Summa F Series flatbed cutter. We are running a Graphtec plotter, but that really doesn't work well with long runs of print, amongst other things that can't be achieved on that machine. We are currently located in Connecticut so anything local would be ideal, but any information overall would be great and helpful.

Thanks!
How much are you looking to spend?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I have started looking into the FC9000. It looks like a solid machine but can anyone tell me if it is any good with through cutting? I want to know how it does with vinyl and also with more rigid substrates like magnet and .030 clear polycarb and eve .020 and .030 styrene. These are materials we are constantly having to hand trim and hence the reasoning behind wanting a flatbed vs another plotter. Another concern is length. jfiscus mentioned that they can do full rolls with different projects with no problem, however, does anyone have insight how it does with single runs of lets say 10'+ like if its panels for wall murals and things of that nature?
If you wanna cut those then flatbed is the only way forward.

jtorrescd

If you wanna cut those then flatbed is the only way forward.
To be honest, I don't have an answer to that as its a task that one of my higher ups requested. Basically he asked to see if there were any used ones since the tag on a new one can be pricy. Also wants an R.O.I. with this, so just trying to see what's on the market.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We do not cut any of those heavier substrates on our wide format plotters here, only on our smaller sprocket fed (Gerber) plotters.
As far as long runs of 10'+ print-cuts, the Graphtec does those perfectly. Wall mural panels are usually hand-cut here as they're usually full panels, but I don't see why it would have any issue.

CanuckSigns

We have an f1612 and it will handle everything you listed with ease. We just had a job running 9 full rolls of vinyl printing hundreds of different sizes and shapes of panels, the summa was great for that as it can cut a whole roll in about 30 minutes, vs an employee taking 2-3 hours and having much lower accuracy.

They are a bit pricey, but ours has paid for itself over the last 2 years, plus it has opened up new markets for us. If you spend a few hours a day trimming graphics, panels etc, a flatbed cutter will pay for itself pretty quickly.

tancehughes

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Hey there, I have two Summa F1612 machines for sale. Great machine. Would love to discuss if you are still searching to buy a used one. I have One Tangential module, one Double Edge Cutout Tool, one HF Routing System, and one Kiss Cut Tool.

garyroy

Hey there, I have two Summa F1612 machines for sale. Great machine. Would love to discuss if you are still searching to buy a used one. I have One Tangential module, one Double Edge Cutout Tool, one HF Routing System, and one Kiss Cut Tool.
I'm curious, are you trading up to a newer one? or a Zund? or some another brand?
Does it come with the GoProduce software? Age of machines?

jiniusmedia

Hi there, I have a 2020 Summa F1612 with a bunch of upgrades for sale. We are purchasing a Zund. The machine has served us well the past two years but looking for continued workflow improvement so decided to go with a Zund S3. Here are the specs:

-2 x tangential module
-2 x kiss cut tool
-1 x drag knife/pen module
-Modified pen tool so you can use any Staedler pens
-1 x heavy-duty knife tool
-1 x single-edge knife tool
-Upgraded GoProduce 2.0 (Paid upgrade)
-Will come with a Lenovo desktop

We are getting our new machine end of the year or January so we're looking to sell pretty soon. We are based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

If you're interested, please let me know. Thank you all.