• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Large format printer

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
I am looking for a printer to expand my shop. I want to add many new items to my customer sand to gain new customers. I am trying to look thru all the info you guys have posted on the different printers, sizes, dealers and find it pretty complex. So if I could speak directly to some who who has experience in printing and knows the ins and outs of whats the best way to go I would greatly appreciate the help.

Kevin T

- What types of items?
- You want an all round machine that does everything? lol
- Do you want to di-cut pressure sensitive after printing?
- Can you vent the machine in your location?
- How much space are you working in? Print/cut in one or Seperate printer and cutter?
- How large? Large means different things to different people? 30", 36", 48", 54", 60", 64"
- Inkjet or Thermal resin?

Most of the threads on this matter are simple and pretty staright forward. If you are having trouble with them I fear this may be beyond you at this point. No one is going to be able to advice you on anything without considerably more information than you have provided, beyond the proverbial "I want" that appears in everyone of these threads.

I'm sure you at least were able to get some of the manufacturer names out of the various threads. Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, Graphtec and Summa all have machines that relate to printing and cutting. There are variety of lamination solutions as well Seal, Royal Sovereign, Ledco and GBC.

Then we have rip software and various design programs.

I would suggest going to an industry trade show or the various dealers that represent these products. The dealers can refer you to onsite clients prepared to show off the equipment.

Due some homework first. Go beyond just asking for someone to point you in the right direction before you've even looked at the map.

Good luck.

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
Thanks Kevin

Yes I do leave a out a lot of variables. I guess its from not knowing what to do or ask at this point. I will put in some of the items you have listed.

What types of items?
- 1.You want an all round machine that does everything? lol
LOL yes it would be nice for a 1 to do it all machine.
Banners, Wraps, Magnetics signs, Decals, T shirt transfers if possible.

- 2. Do you want to di-cut pressure sensitive after printing?
By di-cut are you saying contour cutting around decals?

- 3. Can you vent the machine in your location?
Yes

- 4. How much space are you working in? Print/cut in one or Seperate printer and cutter?
I have heard that the print cut system leave a lot to be desired, But not sure here.

- 5. How large? Large means different things to different people? 30", 36", 48", 54", 60", 64"
I was guessing around 48" but hearing the that the 48's are being discontinued

- 6. Inkjet or Thermal resin?
This is one I am not sure of the difference.
I know inkjet, But Thermo resin?

Thanks for the direct feed back,

MVIP

Are you in PA? If so head to AC next weekend, lots to look at there. Probably some good deals too.
-Matt