• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a media to print on (eco-solv) for 2nd surface mounting

rbaumer

We have been struggling to find a media to print on, coat with an optically clear adhesive, and mount second surface to acrylic... most products seem to have too much of a texture and do not mount well, others we get mixed results with color and print quality. We have a Roland SOL-JET Pro4 XF-640.
What media are others using for second surface mounting?

jfiscus

Rap Master
We normally use 3M 8150 clear, but currently getting it is a problem. I have heard many times of people using just regular cast laminate.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
For indoor signs, I reverse/mirror print on Oracal 3651 Transparent, and laminate the backwith clear lam or white vinyl. The adhesive on the 3651 is not optically clear, but the results are fine. I like the 3651 because the adhesive is solvent-based, and allows for wet application without any fogging. It's also a removable adhesive which makes stripping and reusing substrates an option. I've tried a lot of different clear vinyls over the years. I also like 3M 40CR-114, 3M IJ3650-114, and 3M IJ180mc-114.

Attachments

• Clear Backboard with Vinyl Graphics - Beauty Brands - © It's A Good Sign.jpg
    Clear Backboard with Vinyl Graphics - Beauty Brands - © It's A Good Sign.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200504_113015.jpg
    20200504_113015.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 103

Inks

For indoor signs, I reverse/mirror print on Oracal 3651 Transparent, and laminate the backwith clear lam or white vinyl. The adhesive on the 3651 is not optically clear, but the results are fine. I like the 3651 because the adhesive is solvent-based, and allows for wet application without any fogging. It's also a removable adhesive which makes stripping and reusing substrates an option. I've tried a lot of different clear vinyls over the years. I also like 3M 40CR-114, 3M IJ3650-114, and 3M IJ180mc-114.
Just to add to this great information. General Formulations has a product similar to the 3651 but it is optically clear. I believe it is GF255 and is also a removable product.