• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a new laminator

Mr. T

We are interested in a new laminator. We now have a US Tech VT 9600 and it will not track good enough to run more than 15'. I have spent alot of time trying to adjust the machine. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on a laminator that may track better?
Thanks,
Tracy

ClevelandEast

We replaced our Royal Sovereign 1650 with a GPF 563th and it has been a night and day difference. However, having used a Kala Mistral before, I tried very hard to get one. The GFP is annoying to load and there is this full width bar that seems to be in just the wrong spot, and I don't like that the foot pedal is not an on-off switch but momentary. It is extremely well built though and I have no problem recommending one.

graphixlee

We are interested in a new laminator. We now have a US Tech VT 9600 and it will not track good enough to run more than 15'. I have spent alot of time trying to adjust the machine. I would be interested in hearing thoughts on a laminator that may track better?
Thanks,
Tracy
Look at the KALA. Hasco Graphics in Cleveland sells it.

computersigns

Get a Seal! Spend more than you want. Because laminators need to be easy to use and dependable. New employees must be able to learn it fast. And if it’s not accurate then you can waste material = $$$. DEPENDABILITY #1. Nothing worse than having your laminator down. Even for a day. Don’t buy chinese cuz you can’t get parts. We bought one from Grimco (chinese they brand) and it is an OK machine. It has broke 4 or 5 times and luckily we have the best laminator tech in the business here locally and he always gets it back up and running. The motor failed and when they contacted China they couldn’t match the motor and sent wrong one twice and in the end we had to send it out to be rebuilt. Most was under warranty but the down time is the killer. And we paid $6k+. Great features are: power nip open/close, removable input and output tables, multiple take-up/ input rollers with adjustment. Easy loading and unloading of material. Straight feed is dependent on accuracy of the machine, the rollers need to be absolutely, perfectly parallel to each other in order to have straight runs. We often laminate full 150 rolls and have trouble starting it straight. Buy the best Seal you can afford. They are readily available, made in USA and built to last, and not break!!! Don’t buy the economy model if you laminate everyday. Heat is not needed. If you get a job that needs hot laminate then have it outsourced.

GraphicsSource

I've been happy with our Drytac, it's a solid machine. We regularly laminate 50+ feet with minimal movement. Ensuring the vinyl feed roll is jogged as best as possible is KEY, I usually remove it from the printer and hit the end of the core on the ground to remove the "telescoping" before loading onto the laminator.