• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a new LCD monitor - suggestions?

weaselboogie

Once again, I own 3 of those Samsung 245BW, I am waiting on my fourth :) Cuadruple monitor display will get reallllllyyyyyy Nice!!!

You've been putting your wallet through a workout lately! Cash or credit?

I've got a 24" and a 19" Dell. The smaller has better color, but I'm pleased with both.

3dsignco

I have had 4 Samsung 931'sfor about 2 years now and they are great . and funny you said the LG's as I just bought 2 of their Flatrons and I really like them also. They seem to have a tighter resolution/contrast at 5000:1 vs the Sammys and it might be me but the colors seem truer in Photoshop and Signlab with the same settings.

Capital Signs

Cash for the monitors, and Loan for the Mutoh/Graphtec/Seal... The owner of discountelectronics.com is a good friend of mine. I have done his company wrap on his truck, I also did some graphics on his windows, for partial trade, and he let them go to me for I think 300 a piece new with warranty... Not a bad price.

TR1018

Had a dual set up and went with a I-INC 28" have used now for 4 months and love it. Got it at tiger for $499.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The Apple Cinema Display LCD screen is made by LG.-Philips

I have a 30" Apple Cinema, but I seriously looked at Samsung and almost bought one. I did a side by side with the 30" screens only but was very impressed with the 20"+ Samsung screens they had.

SignBurst PCs

The Apple Cinema Display LCD screen is made by LG.-Philips

I have a 30" Apple Cinema, but I seriously looked at Samsung and almost bought one. I did a side by side with the 30" screens only but was very impressed with the 20"+ Samsung screens they had.

I think that the 30" is currently made by LG. I know that some of the Apple Cinemas are using (or at least were using) Samsung LCD panels. I have seen the model #s on the panels.

Samsung, Sony, LG, and... uhmmmm (can't ever remember the last one), Sharp (I think) are the four major LCD manufacturers. I have seen LG and Samsung panels in several Apple screens (iMac, MacBook, and Cinema) and I have heard rumors of Sony panels in some of the Apple displays.

To make things even more confusing, I have seen reports that Samsung and LG are buying LCD panels from each other.

Checkers

If you need to be color correct, don't look at the consumer level monitors. You really should plan to spend a few more $$ and go with the professional series of LCD's.

If you're anal about color, check these out...
http://www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10016

MAGinnovision.com and NECdisplay.com used to make some very good CRT's, but they look as if they changed the markets they serve or I just can't find the right information on their websites.

I have a Viewsonic VA2226w 22" wide screen that I use as the primary monitor on this system. It's a "consumer" level monitor that has a 3 year warranty, but I don't use for color correction. I still have a 19" CRT that I use when color is an issue.

For the record, I still swear by the color accuracy of good old fashioned CRT's. You don't have near the problems of LCDs and they're easier and more accurate to calibrate.

Checkers

EmpireGFX.com

Any one use ViewSonic?

I just picked up a ViewSonic 22" Widescreen LCD last week for the shop.. I love it so far.. great colors.. nice big screen.. only downfall was I had to buy a new graphics card b/c the one that came with my PC didn't support the high resolution.. up side, I got the monitor for $248 and the card only cost me $150.
All in all.. not too bad for a nice upgrade :beer

hammered

I have an ACER LCD display and I gotta tell ya. Price and picture, cant be beat. I do a olot of gaming and the color is crisp and clean. the refresh is seamless. I can sit for hours staring into god knows what and never walk away with eye strain. I like my 2216

GK

If I had to say 3 it would be a 30" Apple Cinema Display (LG), Samsung SyncMaster 305T, or a LaCie Pro series monitor. They will all run you $1000 plus but the quality is awesome. The Samsung SyncMaster required a little more tweaking then the others but the bang for the buck is beyond worth it.

Browner

Picked up a samsung T220 for a steal of a deal. What a difference this new monitor makes. It's like I've got acres of workspace now!

Rooster

I bought the Samsung 275T a few months ago. It displays about 90% of the Adobe RGB1998 gamut and was well under a grand.

I wanted the Apple 30", but couldn't justify the additional cost. Even after I used the money I saved to buy a copy of Coloreyes and a DTP94, I still had enough left over a weekend of craziness.