• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a new main board?

SameDay Signs

Looking at pickin gup a used Valuejet 1204 and everything always worked great until there was a surge. My buddy doesn't want to fix it and has already bought the new 54" Mutoh. Does anyone know where and what kind of price range I'd be looking at for a new main board? I'd like to find one and get it in asap

Thanks
Scott

h82loose

Has a tech looked at the machine. Does the machine turn on. I have seen many times the 1204 not turn on after a power surge. Try unpluging it for 15 minutes and retry. I have many customers that this has taken them out of cardiac arrest. If that does not work, you can take the back cover off. There are 2 main power fuses. Check that there is power, and make sure there is power after the junction block, where the power splits to the 2 boards. I have had the junction block short out and prevent the machine from powering up. Good Luck.

JDC

I am having a similar problem. Except that mice got in my printer and crapped all over the main board and ate about a foot of plastic coating from many different wires. I first noticed the problem about 2 weeks ago and used plasti dip and black tape to re coat the wires after conforming continuity and used my cleaning swabs lightly damped with rubbing alcohol to clean the urine and mouse poo from the edges of the circuits dried with compressed air b4 powering up. been on a killing spree with the mice. yesterday i came back from a conference and the printer did not turn on once again. so i broke it down and did all the same stuff. so much for the mice being gone. on one of my power up attempts since then i seen a message cr02 cpu error it hasnt come back or powered up since..... fml any ideas ? vr
J