• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a new, quality, entry level plotter package for a glass artist

H

HSG

I have just been asked to find, set up and provide training to a business owner/artist who teaches hot glass working techniques at her studio. I was cutting stencils for her to use and I ended up not having the time required to produce the quantity and variety she needed.

I am looking for sources for a plotter that is low end, but of a good quality. The machine will not see hard use. I could go used. I do want new software so she will have support other than me. I live in a different state. The Roland I had would have been perfect for her. It excelled at small detail cutting. She has a new PC. I'm either looking for a plotter and software package or I will just get the plotter (15" would be fine for her) Flexi starter and Illustrator. I am being paid to buy, set this up and provide basic training so I want to stick with what I know. I'm also getting a great excuse to visit my sister. The business owner is her friend and employer. I'm not looking for the cheapest thing out there, she just does not require a high end machine or high end programs. The ability to vectorize artwork is pretty much all she needs.

When I divorced - my Ex stole my Roland PNC 1000. He wanted $100 for it's return. Will the old Roland's work on a new PC? The old machines are slow, but I don't think that is an issue in this circumstance.

Any help or suggestions (other than my ex is an a$$) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

7oaks

I'm currently using Windows XP with a PNC 1000A 20 inch roland. I do cut with a bridge program (Signtools). I know you can cut directly from Corel and I'm sure other programs as well. Drivers are available for downloading from Roland.

I manage to cut some of the thinner rubber mask on it.
60 degree blade.

H

HSG

Thanks for the info Ken. The plotter has been in storage for 8 years. I don't know what other issues it might have.