• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a print shop with a summa dc printer

davedavedave

hi this is maybe a lil bit offtopic,

i have a gerber edge but i dont really have the time to use it i think im better off if im jsut ordering prints from a shop...

my problem is i cant find ANY print shop where they say they using a thermotransferprinter.. either summa dc or gerber edge.. maybe im not looking right but i had no luck...

can anybody point me in the right direction to get thermotransferprints ?

also how much should i calculate for 1meter x 1meter with about 4 colors on transparent vinyl + cut?

thanks and sorry for the offtopic quesiton..

stxrmxn

I had a gerber edge, brilliant even though the technology is so old. It was too narrow for what we need so sold it. Real shame they dont bring out a newer wider model. Definitely a market for it.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Check with Fred Weis on this site. I believe he still has one and helps people out here with prints.

karst41

Try Fine Art Signs in Stone Mountain GA.
They have some real Beastly Printers, and prefer their Suma Cutter.

Mark is reasonable to work with, but they are a busy shop, so keep that
in mind if you call.

Cheers

netsol

fred weiss, the former owner of signs101 is everyone's expert on gerber edge printing
perhaps he can recommend someone.
i don't know if any of the merchant members use edge printers

FrankW

I had a gerber edge, brilliant even though the technology is so old. It was too narrow for what we need so sold it. Real shame they dont bring out a newer wider model. Definitely a market for it.
They had one (the Gerber Maxx) some years ago. Was a fail.

Summa had machines with 67cm and 127cm printing width. Have stopped reselling it because it was not worth it. Perhaps www.airmark.com have still a few new on stock (they perhaps could inform you about people printing with DC-Printers in your area). Airmarks Phil Johnson is a member of this board too.

Matan Printers at Israel had some with up to 1,2m, the Sprinter some years ago. Currently they are part of EFI, and as far as I know (last information from this year) they currently only offer the SprinG3 or DTS-12, both 12 inches, only on order. Same width than Edge, but prints with 6 colors at a time.

davedavedave

my problem with my edge is i dont have software and i cant find one... i tried flexi a year ago it somehow worked but i never looked at it any further + i would need to get me a ton of cartridges thats why i think its best to get them done...
i found a local guy with a summa dc but he only has a few colors availible...-.-

last few years i got my stuff printed on a ecosolvent but the colors are a joke compared to gerber/thermo...
i also recently found sombody with a uv flatbead printer... i want to give them a try first before i keep looking for a thermo printshop...

i just googled the martan printer i think they are even more rare then gerber or summa over here in germany :D.. are there any other company with make thermotransfer printers?

Peter Maus

my problem with my edge is i dont have software and i cant find one... i tried flexi a year ago it somehow worked but i never looked at it any further + i would need to get me a ton of cartridges thats why i think its best to get them done...
i found a local guy with a summa dc but he only has a few colors availible...-.-

last few years i got my stuff printed on a ecosolvent but the colors are a joke compared to gerber/thermo...
i also recently found sombody with a uv flatbead printer... i want to give them a try first before i keep looking for a thermo printshop...

i just googled the martan printer i think they are even more rare then gerber or summa over here in germany :D.. are there any other company with make thermotransfer printers?
Wir haben 2 DC3 und sind nahe der deutschen Grenze in den Niederlanden