• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a printable, plotter cutable, prismatic material

ActionGraphics

Hello folks!

I know the title may be confusing, but I'm looking for a reflective media that is printable and most importantly is plotter cutable. Double sided would be preferable. I can't seem to dial in on google exactly what I'm looking for. High grade road quality reflective is simply too thick to use the plotter I have available to cut out the decals with.

Been thinking that maybe there is a reflective laminate I could apply over top of the printed decals and simply run the cut after that even.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Maybe a dealer that I could obtain samples from even?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Reflexite by Oracal "SHOULD" be cut-able, but not for small pieces, I know it is solvent printable.
Avery also just came out with some new similar reflective vinyls, I only have some small samples of them though so I have never tried printing on them.

Either way, you're going to have to do a lot of test cuts and run your plotter super slow, and I am betting you're still going to have to do multiple passes. Good luck!
What is this for?

ActionGraphics

My thanks for the quick response! Basically, it's for some test fishing lure strips, that are double sided. The fish themselves need to be printed onto a reflective material for deep water reflectivity, without the clear portions being visable to the fish. I know, it's an oddball project, but our little shop tries to accommodate all kinds of ideas.

DirtyD

Avery Dennison has a new product V-8000 Visiflex. It's a prismatic printable vinyl and should be cuttable , but no gaurentee from me

DirtyD

A buddy of mine at another company used it..here isba pic..

Attachments

• IMG_87491.jpg
    IMG_87491.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 195