• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a printable self adhesive material compatible with laser

bigben

I'm getting a laser soon and I'm looking for a shelf adhesive material (mat and gloss version) that can be printed with my HP latex and cut with my laser. I would, for example, install my vinyl on an acrylic sheet than contour cut the whole thing. I'm also looking for an optically clear version for second surface print.

Thanks.

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
If you happen to come across anything for eco solvent in your search please LMK. AFAIK it doesn't exist but I haven't really dug too deeply.

ikarasu

Roland makes a self adhesive paper.

Anything non PVC should work - ij 48c, ij480c... Not sure on the Avery equivalents, look for PVC free vinyl, there's a few out there.

Don't forget about the overlam either. 8048 and 8548 are PVC free overlams to match with 48/480.

Also... It's not as universal to print on. For latex make sure you get the 480 LX version, for solvent the SV version - sadly you can't buy one roll for both technologies .. maybe non 3m brand has a one size fits all, but you'd have to look it up. Every brand these days is making PVC free versions, so there is lots out there.

(Edit) I've also reverse printed on 8548 - while it's not technically a printable film and it's an overlam... It did work, and it's pretty optically clear.

Last edited: