• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Rasterlink Instructor

tmays

I am looking for someone to teach my team Rasterlink for my new Mimaki JFX200-2512 EX. We are in the Miami area. Either online or in person training. In person is preferred. Can anyone assist or direct me to the right place?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Watch some Mimaki Youtube videos, that's all I did. Once you understand the way they layer the files, the rest is easy.
I have a UCJV300, but essential it's the same, other than setting up flatbed templates, which is also on youtube.

tmays

New printer, how did you not get any training on it?
Company that we bought it from was PDS out of Tennesse. They promised great training and 12 months of support... we got an installer that it! Now they are saying they will not train us... That support is only if the machine breaks over the next 12 months.
The training consited of "shake the whites and instruction on cleaning... Nothing on Rasterlink.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If your dealer tech doesn't offer the service, your best bet is contacting Mimaki directly. They are right there in Georgia so I'm sure one of their techs can help you out. But as mentioned above, watch some YouTube videos and play around with it. That's how a lot of people learn it.

Also, PDS Equipment is one of the better dealers I've worked with. Very knowledgeable. You might reach out to them and see if maybe there was a miscommunication or something. The training required by Mimaki for their dealers basically consists of teaching the end user how to maintain the machine and get a print job done. Anything else like advance RIP and Jig creation could be an add-on service they offer.

tmays

If your dealer tech doesn't offer the service, your best bet is contacting Mimaki directly. They are right there in Georgia so I'm sure one of their techs can help you out. But as mentioned above, watch some YouTube videos and play around with it. That's how a lot of people learn it.

Also, PDS Equipment is one of the better dealers I've worked with. Very knowledgeable. You might reach out to them and see if maybe there was a miscommunication or something. The training required by Mimaki for their dealers basically consists of teaching the end user how to maintain the machine and get a print job done. Anything else like advance RIP and Jig creation could be an add-on service they offer.
I appreciate your input. I will be calling Mimaki tomorrow.

InkHead

We purchased our printer through PDS and we are out of state. They were onsite for 2 full days doing the install and training on the machine and Rasterlink. They went through every function of Rasterlink. Sounds weird as we had a pleasant experience with them.

tmays

We are also out of state... They installed in one day... next day was shake the whites and drop the pin... No details on Rasterlink. As a matter of fact the tech said he did not know the software - just the machine. I have learned most the small bit of what I know via Youtube. Hence trying to find and pay for online or onsite instruction...