• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a term, we never used before.....................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Background on this is, we did a buncha signs for a customer and after they were up, she told us one of the signs was wrong. I explained and showed her, her own spec sheets and how we followed what they required. She said there was a mistake made and we were supposed to delete the address off of one of the signs. We had no written authorization to do anything of the likes and showed her all of the proofs at least 2 times, if not even a third.
Now, it becomes a pain and about 3 hours worth of work in and outta the shop, plus using a ladder.

She finally agreed it was somehow their fault, but I need to send a written quote. I wanna use the correct title for such a situation. I don't think 'change order' would work. Does anyone have a better term to label this, to make sure they realize this was a request on their end to change and we didn't do anything wrong. For some reason, I don't think anyone higher knows what's going on and I want it clarified upfront.

:thankyou: Gino

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Customer f**kup fix?

That's it all the way.

The part I left out was, she had called me about some of the smaller signs, about the address was so small, it should be eliminated. I had agreed and sent her a revised proof, which she approved. She fell back on that and said, we discussed not putting the address on. When I called her out and reminded her it was for some other signs, is when I got the Okay to fix it, on their dime. I just wanna make sure, that A/P sees this was her foulup or whomever else might look at this invoice and wanna blame me.

2B

Customer-Authorized Alterations
Job Status: Post Production / Fabrication

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Post Installation Alterations is better, just to drive home how the sign is out and about in the world and needs to be reworked.
But really, just a change order.
Yea, I think the issue is the liability portion. Clear verbiage allows for everyone to understand who will ultimately pay for the change.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I kept it simple and got it in writing as to who is responsible for payment. She signed, dated and returned it already.

The whole gist was to make sure no one misunderstood who changed things around. The way I worded it, didn't come down hard on her, but certainly made sure they were responsible for payment..... and quickly
gery terms.jpg

bluehammer

I’m a little late to the party but “change order” or “customer change order” is what we commonly use in corporate settings. It’s recognized as the customer changing the project and it will incur additional costs. Common vernacular for architects, builders and subs.

dlndesign

Agreed Blue Hammer, when your in a contractor /build setting, a change order is definitely a good identifier. Typically this is good for contracts and changes to specs on a much larger/multi-faceted job. This situation is more in the realm of onsite signage and property management types where the customer alteration or change request is appropriate for this type of signage, since it is dealing directly with the end user.

Background on this is, we did a buncha signs for a customer and after they were up, she told us one of the signs was wrong. I explained and showed her, her own spec sheets and how we followed what they required. She said there was a mistake made and we were supposed to delete the address off of one of the signs. We had no written authorization to do anything of the likes and showed her all of the proofs at least 2 times, if not even a third.
Now, it becomes a pain and about 3 hours worth of work in and outta the shop, plus using a ladder.

She finally agreed it was somehow their fault, but I need to send a written quote. I wanna use the correct title for such a situation. I don't think 'change order' would work. Does anyone have a better term to label this, to make sure they realize this was a request on their end to change and we didn't do anything wrong. For some reason, I don't think anyone higher knows what's going on and I want it clarified upfront.

:thankyou: Gino
AUTHOR (CUSTOMER) ALTERATIONS, I call them AA's