• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a version of Artcam

WB

Anyone have a version of ArtCam they'd let go? I had/have 2015 that I haven't used in a couple years. I've lost the dongle, and since I'm not the Registered owner (my father is) Autodesk won't do squat. I bought a hobby CNC and I'd like to use the software again. F360 hurts my head..lol

Thanks

Bill

WB

I would think they wouldn't do squat since they have discontinued it totally.
Oh now.. they bought the software just to crush it I think.. Vertic software like V-carve and Aspire look alot like ArtCam to me.
Just sucks to know I have this 20K$ software on my computer that I can't use.. is what it is.. Fusion 360 is free but the learning curve is pretty steep..

WildWestDesigns

Oh now.. they bought the software just to crush it I think.. is what it is..

Welcome to the wonderful world of closed source software. It's how EEE can really work.

Fusion 360 is free but the learning curve is pretty steep..

For 3D CAD/CAM I'm more of a fan of Blender and 2.8 (still in Beta, although I do use it even though it is in Beta, I'm hoping for stable release around March/April) is very much different then earlier versions. Still fairly steep learning curve, but one doesn't have to worry about the same things with it as one would with ArtCAM for instance. And plus, if you do get out of the "hobbyist" arena for this work, won't have to worry about getting a license for use (Fusion 360 is only free for the hobbyist/student) later on down the road.