• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a wall graphic media recommendation

Rooster

Seems like there's a choice between a lower tack adhesive vinyl, wall paper type paper and then what I'm assuming is more of a cling vinyl in the jarhead type medias.

I have a client who wants to put up an 8' x 12' wall graphic in their child's room, but they are looking for something that won't be a bear to remove in a couple of years when the kid grows out of it.

What's my best bet for something that will stick well to the wall, but not become a PITA down the road? They're family so I don't want any angry calls in three years when they are struggling to remove 96 square feet of adhesive that's stuck to the wall.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I used the 6 mil jarhead. If you do fancy cut to shapes like a storm trooper or something...the edges will start to curl. But a large rectange
on the whole wall it works fine. You may needs a little extra tac after the 4 seasons have thier way with the room.

rcook99

I am still testing Phototex and so far so good. I even put a rectangle graphic on my truck window and it holds up to 55mph with no problems. I even put a piece on the outside back window and it has not curled so far at 10 days. I also have some on flat and semi gloss paint and it's holding up well so far but it's only been 10days to 2 weeks.

BANNERS2GO

The jarhead material doesn't stick well to textured walls and will start to curl like kentucky said. We use phototex from fellers and it works awesome for jobs like that.

Letterbox Mike

I'm partial to Korographics wallpaper media, they have a ton of textures, but it has to be applied with wallpaper paste. It removes fairly easily though, as long as the installer knows what they're doing up front. Just like any other commercial grade wallpaper.

ICEdesign

Avery 2611

+1!!! I have tested them all from jarhead to wall noodle to avery..avery BY FAR held up the best and was VERY repositionable! Works great in a rectangle or very precisely cut. Even with edges on flames that are maybe 1cm across at the end..its still holding up great on the wall with little to no curling (but i wouldnt try to reposition on of those type cuts.

BUTTTT!! We have found out that it doesnt like some walls. We did some things for a church and it would actually fall off the wall. Didn't know if it was the paint or what and still havent figured it out but our walls and other customers it has worked perfect.