• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for an alternative film to print on

tcorn1965

We currently use a Epson 11880 (pigment ink), to print our films for screen printing. The film we use, ulano dye/pigment 50"

Well for the last couple of months it is hit or miss if the printer detects the film. I have had an Epson tech down here. Nothing wrong with machine.
He did however notice that certain lot # s had a different hue to them, the ones that were really clear the machine detected them fine, the ones with the less clear look did not work.

We use the same film for two Epson 9600 (Dye ink), we never have a problem

So does anyone have any suggestions on a different film we could try?

Thanks,
Terry

d fleming

Try taking a fat sharpie and running it down the leading edge of the film. Then load it.

Attachments

• film.JPG
    film.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 69

rubo

glue a strip of paper to the leading edge of the film - couple of inches wide - then offset the print - sharpie might be too thin - or not.??? I'd try it...Good luck!

tcorn1965

glue a strip of paper to the leading edge of the film - couple of inches wide - then offset the print - sharpie might be too thin - or not.??? I'd try it...Good luck!

Thanks! I will try that; unfortunately the sharpie did not work.

Terry