• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for Carbon Fiber imitation material..HELP

ego198

Hi, i need to make some print with Gerber over vinyl kind of fiber carbon.
I know i can print with my Gerber over many materials not certified by gerber, as ive tested before..but ive never tried with carbon fiber....
Have you ever tried or done this kind of job?...any material reccomendation for this?

i know some people they print directly the carbon fiber squares with black and grey over white regular vinyl but i dont want, i want to print directly over carbon fiber material...show an example...

Any help please? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 364

ego198

thank you Fred, appreciate your help, wow many colours!!!!! thanks, though i prefer to print onto it directly if possible...have you ever tried that?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
thank you Fred, appreciate your help, wow many colours!!!!! thanks, though i prefer to print onto it directly if possible...have you ever tried that?
I have printed carbon fiber but do not recall ever seeing a ready to use carbon fiber vinyl.

ikarasu

You can buy a overlam that turns any print into a carbon fiber... 3m makes it. Never used it, and if you're not going to use a full roll it probably won't help you... But maybe there's a cheap alternative?

okeesignguy

I buy my carbon fiber vinyl here...

Ready

Ready To Go
Hi, i need to make some print with Gerber over vinyl kind of fiber carbon.
I know i can print with my Gerber over many materials not certified by gerber, as ive tested before..but ive never tried with carbon fiber....
Have you ever tried or done this kind of job?...any material reccomendation for this?

i know some people they print directly the carbon fiber squares with black and grey over white regular vinyl but i dont want, i want to print directly over carbon fiber material...show an example...

Any help please? Thanks in advance.
You can try this link, however you need to make sure it is printable. 3M says you can but they don't guarantee the application.

Bob Perez

ego198

You can buy a overlam that turns any print into a carbon fiber... 3m makes it. Never used it, and if you're not going to use a full roll it probably won't help you... But maybe there's a cheap alternative?
great solution, thank you! yesterday i saw from european manufacturer and it is exactly whay you say, you print black, overlam with it and it turns into carbon fiber, i was considerating it so much, manufacturar it is mac tac, do you know them? never tried it, does it look good?

ego198

I buy my carbon fiber vinyl here...
thank you mate, very good brands, the question is, does anybody printed with gerber? hehehe, i want to be sure before spend money....

ikarasu

great solution, thank you! yesterday i saw from european manufacturer and it is exactly whay you say, you print black, overlam with it and it turns into carbon fiber, i was considerating it so much, manufacturar it is mac tac, do you know them? never tried it, does it look good?

Mactac is a good brand, never used their carbon fiber overlam though.

I've never used the stuff... If you have a 3m wrap book,.there's a sample in it - you can hold it overtop of a print and see what it'll look like. I wouldn't say it's bad... 3m made.itnbecause they didn't want to stock so many different carbon fiber colors .from what they say, it's pretty popular.

ego198

Mactac is a good brand, never used their carbon fiber overlam though.

I've never used the stuff... If you have a 3m wrap book,.there's a sample in it - you can hold it overtop of a print and see what it'll look like. I wouldn't say it's bad... 3m made.itnbecause they didn't want to stock so many different carbon fiber colors .from what they say, it's pretty popular.
ok i will consider it, im based in Europe and in my country is so much easier and cheaper mac tack than 3M, though i would prefer 3M but here tis too expensive....it seems similar products..maybe 3M better though..thanks anyway;)

ikarasu

Mactac great, we use a lot of it... just never tried the carbon fiber overlam. If you do, let me know how it goes! I've always wanted to bring a roll on to play with.

Last edited: