• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for engravers MT Bold Italic ~~

JHsigns

Hello everyone... I hate having every font I could possibly want except when there is a specific font that I am looking for.... I am in dire need of Engravers MT (which I have) but I need the Bold Italic to go with it !!! can anyone point me in the right direction as to were I can look for this Font ??

Thanks in advance
Jeff R

JHsigns

Thats whats so interesting my PC at my regular full time job (selling truck parts) has it on there with bold italic guess I could just get the MT bold and lean it a little !! Thanks for the link BTW for where I can find it ! all the searching I did all I kept coming up with were the fun style fonts !! :)

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
MT is the foundry descriptor for Monotype so finding it was easy.

If you are thinking the font itself exists because you can select Bold Italic in any Microsoft application at work, then let me point out that Microsoft uses a different font standard than the typographic community and simply emboldens and artificially slants within their programs when these buttons are clicked but an actual bold or italic font is not present.

Perhaps that is what you are seeing.

JHsigns

ahhhhh ok ... I learn somthing new every day :) I am going to try to make it work with Engravers Roman BT and then kick it over a little on my own :) if I can't see the difference then I know my customer definatly won't see the difference :) Thanks again for all the help !! hopefully someday I will actually be able to contribute something to this forum as well :)