• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for feed back on the HP LATEX R 1000+/2000+ FLATBED

KevSign

I try to search any feedback and properly will be a long time for HP Latex R will effect market.

Glad, my decision last year with Vutek GS3250LX Pro. instead R2000.

flyplainsdrifta

same here. im going to go ahead and assume the new ops signed an nda because i havent heard a damn thing about it since launch. not too promising. i heard from a tech they were backed up on installs like crazy and are still rolling them out so idk. hoping to hear more very soon but im not holding my breath.

Bly

Don't know any users but a dealer here said they had installed a couple and there had been a few "issues" whatever that means. lol

Christian @ 2CT Media

Lots of early firmware issues from what I've physically seen, it seems smoothed out now. We are looking at dumping our FB750 for a 2000 here in the next few months since we have a large contract that could pay for it and benefit from its use.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Don't have any first hand experience but there is a Facebook group called "HP LATEX FLATBED TECHNOLOGY".

Might find some info there.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I know of a couple of places in Atlanta that have installed them. One was a beta site for HP when they rolled it out initially. From what I've heard, they are very happy. I have also heard of the backlog of installs because of demand.

BALLPARK

Any first hand users know how many 4x8 sheets it will print in production mode? (500-600dpi) Typically no banding with good colors for their coroplast runs...

I'm hoping they continue to make strides with this UV series as they have done with their roll-to-roll models.

HulkSmash

im curious also. From my understanding its 350 SQFT an hr for 1000, and alot more with the 2000. not sure if im ready to drop 220k on new tech flatbed like that though

axelmk

We replaced our FB550 for an r1000 and could not be happier. It was installed a month ago.
The quality of the prints is amazing, needs more maintenance than the 550 but nothing critical.
The opacity of the white is fantastic.
No banding, color gamut is great.
Adhesion on ACM and Acrylic is really good.
Ability to control your Overcoat is a really good feature.
We just finished our ramp up training yesterday and results were really good. My operators love it.
I would say go for it!
It did take a long wait... we ordered back at SGIA in October and it did not install until mid january.
I not know if they are still behind in production.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to answer.

BALLPARK

We replaced our FB550 for an r1000 and could not be happier. It was installed a month ago.
The quality of the prints is amazing, needs more maintenance than the 550 but nothing critical.
The opacity of the white is fantastic.
No banding, color gamut is great.
Adhesion on ACM and Acrylic is really good.
Ability to control your Overcoat is a really good feature.
We just finished our ramp up training yesterday and results were really good. My operators love it.
I would say go for it!
It did take a long wait... we ordered back at SGIA in October and it did not install until mid january.
I not know if they are still behind in production.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to answer.

We just received the samples and the print quality is very impressive. No odor... hard to even see a printhead fire pattern. The white look great on the acrylic sample.

How many 4x8 sheets per hour can you print using the different passes? I don't think we can do the R2000 version, so I'm hoping that the R1000 can produce enough sheets per hour.

Does anyone else have any feedback from a user standpoint on the R1000 or R2000?

Thanks!

greysquirrel

Just took delivery a month ago on a demo R1000. I can run 80% of my work(typical signage, wood, pvc, foam board, corrugated) at 300dpi in a 3 pass mode. The product is evolving...latest firmware just opened up sandwich mode or color white color/ color white black white color
middle of September should open up color profiling similar to the 365/560 series. I had planned to purchase one next year first quarter but being able to grab a demo unit with zero miles on it and maintain the same warranty 1.5yr was a no-brainer. Here's what I love...I control when I change my printheads. The unit wastes almost no time nor ink to convert to and from white ink...maintenance is a minimum, it is super easy to use...no odor, roll to roll is a dream...tracks perfectly...tables improved over the FB series, download profiles direct to the device, no banding...on anything that we've run so far...
One of my pre tests was to see a sample on glass from my reseller. I still have it. It is damn near impossible to scratch off. The only thing that comes close to its IQ in my opinion is the Swiss Q. everything is buttery smooth.
things that I don't like...nothing is perfect...it runs on windows in tablet mode(duel touch screens)I am just not used to running windows in tablet mode. The software is easy to navigate...it's windows 10 that I have some issues with...hands on time will fix that. The printer is designed for you to print on the belt...and they mean it...if you are doing a full bleed for a lawn sign, you need to have bleed in file from your ip or you will see white slivers somewhere on the print...its more of a pet peeve for me...and the same issue I have with my 360 and 560...if I run one print it still has to pass through my drying/curing module...
I know this product is still evolving...I have spoken to many early adopters but HP has their future betting on Latex. They truly have all hands on deck making this this product better and better...once onboard profiling is available, why would you want another flatbed?

BALLPARK

Just took delivery a month ago on a demo R1000. I can run 80% of my work(typical signage, wood, pvc, foam board, corrugated) at 300dpi in a 3 pass mode. The product is evolving...latest firmware just opened up sandwich mode or color white color/ color white black white color
middle of September should open up color profiling similar to the 365/560 series. I had planned to purchase one next year first quarter but being able to grab a demo unit with zero miles on it and maintain the same warranty 1.5yr was a no-brainer. Here's what I love...I control when I change my printheads. The unit wastes almost no time nor ink to convert to and from white ink...maintenance is a minimum, it is super easy to use...no odor, roll to roll is a dream...tracks perfectly...tables improved over the FB series, download profiles direct to the device, no banding...on anything that we've run so far...
One of my pre tests was to see a sample on glass from my reseller. I still have it. It is damn near impossible to scratch off. The only thing that comes close to its IQ in my opinion is the Swiss Q. everything is buttery smooth.
things that I don't like...nothing is perfect...it runs on windows in tablet mode(duel touch screens)I am just not used to running windows in tablet mode. The software is easy to navigate...it's windows 10 that I have some issues with...hands on time will fix that. The printer is designed for you to print on the belt...and they mean it...if you are doing a full bleed for a lawn sign, you need to have bleed in file from your ip or you will see white slivers somewhere on the print...its more of a pet peeve for me...and the same issue I have with my 360 and 560...if I run one print it still has to pass through my drying/curing module...
I know this product is still evolving...I have spoken to many early adopters but HP has their future betting on Latex. They truly have all hands on deck making this this product better and better...once onboard profiling is available, why would you want another flatbed?

Thanks for the input from a user. Would you mind to share with us the number of 4x8 sheets you can print an hour on different print modes?

I am very impressed with the IQ on the samples. Enough to make us think twice about which printer series fits our business model the best. I could not see the firing pattern for the print heads. There was no odor which is perfect for our schools. The scratch test passed with flying colors.

The coro prints are over the top good for a yard sign. I don't mind slowing down printers for art style prints on ACM, but I have concerns on the number of sheets per hour for yard signs.

There are a couple used 2015 GS2000's w/ LED on the market and they cost about 2/3 the amount compared to a new R1000. I'm torn on which is the best fit and once I have a better understanding of the R1000 print times it help. I never trust the sell sheets projected square footage or sheets per hour for the most part. I like to know from a user's standpoint based on past production runs.

In a perfect world I would have both...lol. But it's not perfect and we have to make a big choice on which works best for us.

Thanks for sharing...