• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for help with large banner

JMPrinting

Customer asked about making a banner to go between these 2 poles. They are 20 feet apart, no area for bottom or top support. Not sure how long or wide the banner should be, if I should use wind slits...ect. Never had to deal with anything like this. Not sure bout vinyl weight either. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 70

visual800

That looks like conduit, good luck with those holding a banner up! I see bending in your future.

nonetheless since you asked, 10oz should be fine with grommets. Run a line from top to top of poles and side to side on bottom where banner will fall and attach banner to that line with zip ties and tell customer you aint responsible for conduit. If space is 20 ft make banner 19.6

I agree, that banner will probably bend that conduit as soon as you have a windy day. I'm not sure you could even get enough tension on the cable without making the whole thing sag.

HansNZsignman

I wouldn't be putting anything on those poles without some added structural support. At the very least 2 or 3 cables from the tops of them.
Also then run a support cable between the poles.
I would print on a higher density Mesh, maximum ink, rather than Banner, much lighter and it won,t kill anyone if it goes flying in a storm.
Could be a public safety issue otherwise.