• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for HP 792 printheads

bigben

I'm looking for HP 792 Printheads for my HP L26500 ideally in Canada but if anyone know where I can get them, please let me know.

Thanks.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've read that you can buy 831 heads and transfer the old chip to it. I have not tried it so no complaints accepted if you decide to try it.

bigben

I've read that you can buy 831 heads and transfer the old chip to it. I have not tried it so no complaints accepted if you decide to try it.
I've read it too but never got any confirmation that it worked and/or how to do the chip transfer.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Are you sure you're not thinking of the ink cartridges? I don't believe the printheads can be swapped around, the chip is integrated into the control board for the printhead, isn't it?
It pisses me off that all of these printheads are nearly the exact same, just different instructions on the electronics, the 789 printhead is the same as a HP 940 which is from a desktop printer from 2010...
No, the chip is separate.

For science I tested how to "move" it. Just remove it with a sharp blade. It only has a very slim double sided tape to it. Mark the right position before taking the old one off.
After I put it back it still stays there pretty solid so it might not even need the mighty super glue.
This was 792 head but as far as I know it the chip is exactly like this on 831 as well. I just don't have any scrap one laying around right now.

h2.jpg
h1.jpg