• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Ink cartridge information for mutoh

jameskwiksigns

I've been recently tasked to find out how much square footing can be printed out of each 440ml Ink Cartridge and also to find out what my print speed per hour is.... The second part I can find my simple test and timing. However I have no idea where to even start with the SQFT question. Does anyone have any info pertaining to this that might help me out?

Gary Wiant

Sq.ft. is going to be really hard to figure out. The % of ink being used is going to vary dramatically not only with ink saturation ( darkness or heaviness of the color ) but also depending on profile.

I say charge enough that your not concerned with the pennies worth of ink used per sq.ft.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jameskwiksigns

Sq.ft. is going to be really hard to figure out. The % of ink being used is going to vary dramatically not only with ink saturation ( darkness or heaviness of the color ) but also depending on profile.

I say charge enough that your not concerned with the pennies worth of ink used per sq.ft.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I agree with you, But its info the boss wanted me to track down. I will bring that up as well.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you are driving your Mutoh with Flexi you can use the estimating option. Lots of info pops up when you run it after ripping a file. Not sure how accurate it is but it will be closer than trying to get info from other Mutoh users. The numbers change a good deal depending on the layout and what settings you use to run them.
If you don't use Flexi you could rent it for a month - load all your old print files -rip them and check the numbers then average them out for a base number. Would only be 50 or 60.00 plus the time to set things up.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ink use.jpg
    ink use.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 190

Ssignature

Mutoh unofficially quotes $.26@sf on ink. The Flexi estimator is very inaccurate, use the one in the Valuejet Status Monitor instead.

Joe House

As Haase said, if you price it right, it shouldn't matter. As GAC said, it's going to vary greatly. And knowing historical ink costs will only really help if you're going to repeat the job.
Failing someone accept those 2 realities and they still insist on knowing a cost per print, we default to an average of 1ml per square foot, so divide your cosy pet cartridge by the number of ml' s per cartridge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As Haase said, if you price it right, it shouldn't matter. As GAC said, it's going to vary greatly. And knowing historical ink costs will only really help if you're going to repeat the job.
Failing someone accept those 2 realities and they still insist on knowing a cost per print, we default to an average of 1ml per square foot, so divide your cosy pet cartridge by the number of ml' s per cartridge.

What he said. If you have to worry about ink costs you're not charging enough. Do you worry equally much over masking tape usage, knife blades, even application tape? If so then seek either a new career or professional guidance.