• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for input on CET QE purchase

raedeke

Hello All -
I have the opportunity to purchase a CET QE - 4'x8' Flatbed - CMYK+White.
The unit was bought new in November 2013 and has been very well maintained.

We have been running inkjet printers since our first HP 650C and Encad machines 20 years ago.
We currently have a Roland Solvent, and HP Latex and Aqueous.

We produce a lot of mural panels using white Sintra and printed vinyl. Panels are 39" wide x 95" tall.
We've toyed with the idea of buying a flatbed printer, but never felt we had the volume to warrant the large price tag.

This opportunity has come up and could make sense if I had a better feeling about the printer and knew I wasn't getting caught up in "the deal".

I'm looking for your input and feedback on this printer, manufacturer. The unit would cost me $50K.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Richard

VISCOM

I have a new CET Q1000 5' x 10' true flatbed its a workhorse for me ... I'm now looking at a ESKO cutter to keep up with the CET printer

inkjetguy

Test before you buy

Hello All -
I have the opportunity to purchase a CET QE - 4'x8' Flatbed - CMYK+White.
The unit was bought new in November 2013 and has been very well maintained.

We have been running inkjet printers since our first HP 650C and Encad machines 20 years ago.
We currently have a Roland Solvent, and HP Latex and Aqueous.

We produce a lot of mural panels using white Sintra and printed vinyl. Panels are 39" wide x 95" tall.
We've toyed with the idea of buying a flatbed printer, but never felt we had the volume to warrant the large price tag.

This opportunity has come up and could make sense if I had a better feeling about the printer and knew I wasn't getting caught up in "the deal".

I'm looking for your input and feedback on this printer, manufacturer. The unit would cost me $50K.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Richard

I would ask the owner how many hours run time the unit has on it currently, when the last time the unit was run, why they are selling it and I wouldn't touch it until the current owner prints one of your files on sintra and ships it to you. (you should offer to pay). You need to be sure the print results match your expectations. UV printed graphics will look different than what you get from your solvent printers. Also would be good to know how long it took to print your file.

Good Luck

raedeke

The unit is actively producing. We are going over to their shop this week with files and substrates to get representative samples that we can evaluate against our other product offerings.

Good question about # of hours. What would be normal hours for a printer that is 25 months old? And how many would cause you to think twice.
How many years/hours should one expect to get from a machine like this?

It sounds like they are maintaining the unit very well, we will see when we get there.
They have had one head replaced, but otherwise the indication is that it's in great shape with little trouble.

They are closing the doors, so it's not like they are upgrading to a new piece of equipment.

Thanks for you thoughts.

inkjetguy

Off the top of my head I would say 4-5 hours per day run time. Actually running a printer too little is worse than running it too much. Also find out how old the lamps are. They are replaced in pairs at about $500 each. There are two sets of filters for ink. Figure on replacing them as well. And make sure your RIP is up to date and able to run the printer. And factor in the cost of uninstalling, professional mover and reinstall. Also the cost of someone to ink up and calibrate your "new" printer.

And, if you are not planning on printing white all the time I would consider leaving it out when you install in you shop.

The unit is actively producing. We are going over to their shop this week with files and substrates to get representative samples that we can evaluate against our other product offerings.

Good question about # of hours. What would be normal hours for a printer that is 25 months old? And how many would cause you to think twice.
How many years/hours should one expect to get from a machine like this?

It sounds like they are maintaining the unit very well, we will see when we get there.
They have had one head replaced, but otherwise the indication is that it's in great shape with little trouble.

They are closing the doors, so it's not like they are upgrading to a new piece of equipment.

Thanks for you thoughts.

davecich

Raedeke,

I can give you some insight on this printer as well as deinstall it and install it if you choose to buy it. CET Color used to be my company, but I left and started Vanguard Digital Printing Systems. I brought 8 key employees with me.

Give me a call.

Dave Cich 404-915-7524

Robert Gruner

206XL

Esko makes very nice cutter...and also very expensive :(

You should look closely at mctdigital.com
Also very nice cutter...better price :)

raedeke

Raedeke,

I can give you some insight on this printer as well as deinstall it and install it if you choose to buy it. CET Color used to be my company, but I left and started Vanguard Digital Printing Systems. I brought 8 key employees with me.

Give me a call.

Dave Cich 404-915-7524

Thanks Dave - Just getting back to this forum.
Took a look at the machine today, so I have a better idea of what I'm looking at.
I'd love to call you in the morning and see what your thoughts are.
I appreciate the offer.
Richard.

Niun

Waffle Baron
We are running the CET at our shop and it is a beast. I would take into account that the printheads have a 4 to 5 year life span on them, which we found out the hard way at 4500 a head plus labor and travel. So be ready for the maintenance costs compared to some other flatbeds out there. So far I have replaced one head, three pumps, negative pressure hoses and gauge, purge button and the fiber optic cable that runs through the chain. Still, it prints beautifully when it is up and running :)

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
Currently Running a CET Color Printer

Raedeke,

We're going into year three with our CET Color printer and have had great results for the most part. I'm sorry to hear Dave Cich has left CET, however, will vouch for him being able to help you. He got us through our minor issues and I'd highly recommend you get ahold of him. He's honest, fair and easy to talk with about your concerns, so be sure to make that call.

If you have any specific questions regarding my experience with our printer, feel free to let me know.

Good luck!

James

raedeke

Raedeke,

We're going into year three with our CET Color printer and have had great results for the most part. I'm sorry to hear Dave Cich has left CET, however, will vouch for him being able to help you. He got us through our minor issues and I'd highly recommend you get ahold of him. He's honest, fair and easy to talk with about your concerns, so be sure to make that call.

If you have any specific questions regarding my experience with our printer, feel free to let me know.

Good luck!

James

James -
I spoke with him this morning. Well worth my time.
Thanks for the offer to speak with you, I'll reach out as needed.
Cheers -
Richard