• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for matte banner material with good adhesion for cut vinyl

mbs

Any recommendations for a brand / supplier of matte vinyl banner by the roll that will take cut adhesive vinyl well?

I've tried the back side ("matte" side) of gloss banners and have been having trouble getting anything to stick. A lot of the matte banner roll media I'm finding is for digital printing, and it's unclear how it will take adhesive vinyl. Thanks!

bannertime

We apply vinyl to printed/unprinted parts of banner a few times a month without issue.

Also, the back side (of single sided banner) is definitely not going to accept vinyl well. It never has.

MMPLarge Format

The only banner that i can think of that would accept vinyl adhesion would be Double sided block out banner from Grimco. But if you're going to go through the trouble of buying a roll of double sided material then you might as well just print on the other side instead of mounting cut vinyl to it.

mbs

To clarify: it's for a one-sided banner. Elsewhere online someone had recommended using the backside of a pre-made glossy banner blank, so that's what I have tried so far.

All the matte roll material I've found online is designed for printing. I'm looking for something designed specifically for vinyl application or alternately something designed for printing but has a good surface for long-lasting vinyl adhesion.

bannertime

To clarify: it's for a one-sided banner. Elsewhere online someone had recommended using the backside of a pre-made glossy banner blank, so that's what I have tried so far.

All the matte roll material I've found online is designed for printing. I'm looking for something designed specifically for vinyl application or alternately something designed for printing but has a good surface for long-lasting vinyl adhesion.

Back side of the banner is not a good recommendation. I'm sure you could make it work with a heat gun, but seriously...

Nothing besides high-gloss banner is designed for vinyl application these days. We use intermediate vinyl on our digital matte banner, frequently. The brands have changed throughout the years, but it's worked on all of them.

Reveal1

You didn't answer the question 'why' which might be helpful. If updating a phone or date for example, which we do occasionally, virtually any permanent adhesive print/cut vinyl (we use briteline or 35c matte) works well on matte. Sometimes we'll just print a rectangular 'patch' with a complimentary border to make it look as if it was designed that way. Never had a problem.

However, if you are trying to do a whole banner in cut vinyl - maybe its time to figure out how to print them or source them if you don't own a printer.

mbs

You didn't answer the question 'why' which might be helpful. If updating a phone or date for example, which we do occasionally, virtually any permanent adhesive print/cut vinyl (we use briteline or 35c matte) works well on matte. Sometimes we'll just print a rectangular 'patch' with a complimentary border to make it look as if it was designed that way. Never had a problem.

However, if you are trying to do a whole banner in cut vinyl - maybe its time to figure out how to print them or source them if you don't own a printer.

Thanks. I don't want to print because I'm going for the specific look of gloss text / logo on matte banner.