• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for reviews of the 630 and 630W, anyone bought on yet?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
They are barely just shipping the first units to be sold after release.
Ask again next summer, you will probably have better luck finding the answer.

Ldireprophil

At the Printing United show in Atlanta today a dealer told me to stick with my 365, that I would be disappointed in the 630. How’s that for a salesman? :big laugh:

JBurton

Signtologist
I asked my distributor for a quote for the printer alone, got a deal for show pricing bringing it down to 18k. I'm eyeing it to replace my slowly aging hp 560, since it has white, but I'm holding off until the other guinea pigs are done testing it.
balstestrat, where does this fit into the line of printers? I understand it to be slower, which I'm not one to be sold on speed, but how does it fare compared to the 560 for quality? Is the white a big pain in the a$$ when not being utilized for long periods? Are you still printing from the pinch wheels without headstrikes?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I asked my distributor for a quote for the printer alone, got a deal for show pricing bringing it down to 18k. I'm eyeing it to replace my slowly aging hp 560, since it has white, but I'm holding off until the other guinea pigs are done testing it.
balstestrat, where does this fit into the line of printers? I understand it to be slower, which I'm not one to be sold on speed, but how does it fare compared to the 560 for quality? Is the white a big pain in the a$$ when not being utilized for long periods? Are you still printing from the pinch wheels without headstrikes?
Well in theory in terms of speed it's between L335 and L365.
But otherwise it's below L700W. No spectro, small screen, curing doesn't lift up etc. Small things to make it "cheaper".
I could see someone replacing 560 with a 630. I don't really think it's a downgrade. Quality is probably better. It does have that wider gamut, single row of printheads and the new "pixel control".

White is fine in my opinion. R-series has been out now for over 5 years and you can leave the white unused for months really without issues. Just might take a little longer to do the cleaning. Of course it would be best to empty that 1L can every so often..

And lucky for you they learned from the issues on 700/800 and I expect to have waaaay less problems on 630. At least it's already got all the fixes and upgrades from day 1.

I haven't really printed on it since last but the design is better. And slower speed, one less heater makes it better as well. As long as you have realistic expectations like your media doesn't already have a curling edge and then you expect it to work when it for sure won't. But you cut 5" off and then it works.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
At the Printing United show in Atlanta today a dealer told me to stick with my 365, that I would be disappointed in the 630. How’s that for a salesman? :big laugh:
Got to say I find it a bit funny but if you are happy with your 365 and it works for you then sure, he's right.

But I'd say there's multiple cases where people would benefit from the upgrade.

JBurton

Signtologist
Got to say I find it a bit funny but if you are happy with your 365 and it works for you then sure, he's right.
It makes me wonder if the HP corpos are pushing distributors to go after non HP customers first, since currently they are already supplying this guy with consumables.
small screen
I find this point funny, it's not like the screen on my 560 is anything to write home about (its not color accurate, not very responsive, gives you fits when it locks up and all you can do is stand there holding the power button in 30 second intervals until it starts pulsing at a different rate), and when we first got it, I really missed the physical keys that the 25500 had, just for the ease of reaching over and advancing the material without looking at the touch screen first.