• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for Roland GX24 setup for flexi starter v 7.6v2

dlascola

Hi,

I was using a roland pnc 960 for years (it was a beast) with flexi starter 7.6V2, the 960 finally bit the dust and I cant get a new main board.

So I got the roland gx 24, I can cut on it with the flexi starter 7.6v2 using the set up for the roland cx 24, but would feel better if I had the setup for the gx 24.

Does anyone know where I can down load the set up for the gx 24, I am running windows xp.

Thanks

WildWestDesigns

I use a GX 24. I just do my design work either in Ai or Draw and I'll either cut directly from either one of those programs or I'll use the CutStudio program that comes with the cutter or I think you should be able to download it from the Roland website.

If you have to do print/cut, you can still use Ai/Draw to set up your regs points and then I would use CutStudio to cut it in that instance, but that's what I'm used to doing.

Edit: Well I couldn't tell for sure if you could download it directly from the site, but they do have it listed for $69 and you can at least buy it from the site. You can download the plugins from their site, that I know. I'm surprised you don't already have since you go the cutter. Should already have the CD for it.

dlascola

Thanks

I do my layout in corel draw, save as a cmx and then cut in flexi.

The gx 24 came with the cd with the cut studio and plug ins for corel and adobe.

I didn't see the setup for flexi on the disk, it does have a windows printer driver that I installed. I have used the cut studio, however I'm more comfortable cutting with flexi (love the easy weed feature).

thanks for your help

WildWestDesigns

Yea, I would just use what your comfortable with then. I've never used the flexi products, so I don't know how each one stacks up against the other.

It's all "six in one, half a dozen in the other" I think.

dlascola

So true, its the end result that matters

I'm installing the cut studio in corel now maybe the learning curve wont be so steep and I can cut right from corel draw.

WildWestDesigns

I've never heard of Cut Choice, but I do know CutStudio doesn't interfere if it turns out you want to just cut from Corel. I have no idea about Cut Choice though.

OldPaint

i got a CD IN MY HAND, it came with my ROLAND CX-300:
ROLAND CUT CHOICE V 1.40 is printed on it)))))
i didnt say it would interfer with cutting from corel, but setting up corel to cut with the driver i suggested he d/l, the CUT CHOICE adds another postscript driver to his printing list. i dont know how much he knows bout computers, just tryin to make it simple.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Scanvec makes the setups for specific machines for FlexiSign so you would only be able to get a specific machine setup from them. That being said 7.6 (and as you even mentioned "for years") is nearing 10 years old. There is not going to be any machine specific setups for 7.6 for any machine made after Flexi 7.6 was. One thing I'm not sure of though is how long Roland has made the GX-24 series cutters. I'm willing to bet that if it's not in the list when you try to "Add Setup" in production manager then you are out of luck. Fortunatley most cutters use similar communication though and if you have it working good with the CX setup thats probably as good as you are going to get.

I did just check our 8.6v2 and this version does list the GX-24 so I'd guess 8.0 or higher has it.