• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for something similar...................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a job, which is ours without bidding it, as long as the customer can afford it.

We're designing several directories and some of the large slatz are to be 12.5" x 62" down to 7.5" x 22". I based this off a quote from Slatz themselves in Allentown and either I misread the quote or the girl quoted me wrong, so we're way over budget, now that we got all of our final specs in place. I have pictured below the type system I was going to use. Is there another company out there besides Clarke Systems which uses a similar product from which I can get prices to compare ?? As mentioned, below is pictured an actual unit [someone else's] and a diagram of how they are used and assembled. A very nice product, but not for the price I was just given a few minutes ago. Also, it is all for exterior use. It will see the elements.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

slatz xmpil.jpg slatz-2.jpg

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
It's not really similar but www.vistasystems.com has nice directories if the other systems aren't cost effective and you don't have to match existing signs.

Their directories are poly paper print based behind a textured lexan. Easy to install easy to change.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Moze.................

That's where I went initially and the price they gave me was wrong. I had asked for a price on a 12.5" x 120" solid slatz, a custom piece and they quoted me a price and changed the size on me by mistake, but I didn't see that part. I was just looking for what I asked for and when I talked to the customer, they were all for it. This morning I placed a request for a formal quote and things went $1,000's higher than I expected. So, needless to say, they won't budge on their price and I already gave the customer a verbal, based on the wrong quote from yesterday. Now, I'm in bind. If I absorb the extra cost, I won't break even.

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Sorry...missed that you checked with Clarke. Just trying to help out in between jobs. :)