• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Stock art

Medina Signs

Old Member
I had been using Can Stock .com for many years, and I really liked the the way subscriptions were handled. I could simply buy credits and use them when I needed to,
They had good clip art and photo stock and there was no monthly or annual.
Unfortunately as some of you may know they went OB. I've looked at Shutterstock and a few others, but the price is high compared to my needs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

jochwat

Graphics Department
Possible helpful tip, if you have an Adobe Creative Cloud (or an Adobe Express) subscription. I do this quite often.

- Open up Adobe Express from Creative Cloud Desktop.
- Start a new document (I generally use "Poster" for a larger image -- I think the max is only 20" x 20", however, so this might not be suitable for all jobs).
- Navigate to the image search, and search for an image. I believe all the images come from Adobe Stock.
- Place your image. Resize as necessary.
- Save/Export the file.
- Locate the file that you saved, and there's your "free" stock image.

I've also searched Adobe Stock for a specific photo (easier to do an image search there compared to Adobe Express), copied the file ID, and used that for the search term in Adobe Express.

somcalmetim

I got a 50 pic/month years subscription from Shutterstock to get lowest price per pic and set reminders to make sure I download/use the 50 pics/month...bit expensive but got a half decent catalogue now after a couple years, turned off autorenew and will likely get smaller package next year...
Lately Shutterstock even has a half decent AI Image generator you can play with and only pay for the image you like and want to download...

pxhere.com has some good free open license pics to use

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
We have an adobe creative cloud subscription and use the adobe stock. We get free credits each month and they roll over if you don’t use them. Vectors, high resolution photos, etc.

Haven’t really needed to look elsewhere for much.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
When I need a vector, I usually troll for free vectors first. If I can't find what I need, I'll use Shutterstock. I'm passing the cost on to the client through design fees anyway so its not like its coming out of my profit.

I also reuse vectors that I purchased in the past for other customers. Sometimes, I'll see the vector I'm looking for within another vector I bought in the past.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I had been using Can Stock .com for many years, and I really liked the the way subscriptions were handled. I could simply buy credits and use them when I needed to,
They had good clip art and photo stock and there was no monthly or annual.
Unfortunately as some of you may know they went OB. I've looked at Shutterstock and a few others, but the price is high compared to my needs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I hope you're passing the cost of the vectors on to the client somehow!

gnubler

Vecteezy is free
This is my first go-to for free vectors. Unsplash is pretty good for stock photos depending on what you're looking for. I find it tricky to find good quality stock images with people in them on any of the free sites, probably something to do with licensing.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Yes I do pass on cost of art on to customers.

Thanks all for the suggestions - i will research all of your tips.
Went to 123rf.com and they do have a credit offering, that may work.
I have Adobe Creative Cloud but suspended my monthly as we don't use it much - I can renew if for the art only.
I use Flexi and it usually does what I need. My skills with Illustrator are really basic and I don't have the time to learn. I know I should.
Vecteezy can work, thanks for that tip. I'll put that in my quiver.

Thanks to all, Useful tips - that's why I am a member

scrip

ingimage has some image pack ( 10 for 55$ ) and also pretty decent pricing on extended license