• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for the aluminum (I think) material that you can print on and make decals?

SignShopDave

I am looking for the material that is used in industrial decals. i am thinking it is sublimated with the clients logo etc. it also is able to be written on with a ball point pen. when written on the pen pushes or dents the aluminum. The backing on this stuff says 3M 467MP 200MP adhesive. All i can find is the adhesive not the aluminum sheet.

Any ideas?

petepaz

there is a pressure sensitive aluminum product i believe called alumigraphics but it's not a 3m product. we do a lot of this stuff but we buy a .003" or .005" alum foil and we mount the 3m adhesive to it. as far as i know that's the only way to do it. i don't know of a 3m foil product sold with the adhesive already on it but you could reach out to 3m directly to check

SignShopDave

do you print on the foil with sublimation ink?
after more searching I think what I need is, write on aluminum, Is this correct? alumigraphics did not seem to have what I need.