• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for this design

Judi

Worker Bee
Good morning, all!

Does anyone know where I could purchase this viking embroidery design? Apologies for the poor quality and angle, the photo came from a customer.

TIA!
Judi
EMBROIDERED VIKING.jpg

WildWestDesigns

Ebay and Etsy will get you designs of varying quality and production values when it comes to embroidery digitizing.

Is that viking a part of someone's logo (I see other embroidery objects in the bottom of the picture, likely some type of brush script, so maybe just monogramming?) or is it truly a stock design? Going for stock designs, I would go to places that may cost more then Etsy (Dakota Collectibles etc), but usually have better production values.

Last option, if you can't find the exact stock design (if it is a stock design), get your client to get a good straight on picture (with the exact measurements) and any digitizer (person) worth their salt should be able to replicate that.

WildWestDesigns

Hi, JR's! It is very close! I looked at it earlier, but I need it much larger for the back of a Varsity Jacket. But since you posted it I deceded to contacted the seller to see if they have a bigger version or the .emb file which I can resize myself. Thanks so much for the help!

Be careful with Wilcom's EMB files. If the file is digitized for a certain size, may have to redigitize certain aspects of it. Run stitches become satin, satin becomes fill etc. May have to change stitch angles etc.

While EMB files are object based, still not quite like a true vector where can just resize and forget about it. It does depend on the size of the original and what size you are going to though.

Judi

Worker Bee
Ebay and Etsy will get you designs of varying quality and production values when it comes to embroidery digitizing.

Is that viking a part of someone's logo (I see other embroidery objects in the bottom of the picture) or is it truly a stock design? Going for stock designs, I would go to places that may cost more then Etsy (Dakota Collectibles etc), but usually have better production values.

Last option, if you can't find the exact stock design (if it is a stock design), get your client to get a good straight on picture (with the exact measurements) and any digitizer (person) worth their salt should be able to replicate that.

I was hoping it is a stock design that someone might recognize. It's on the back of a Varsity Jacket that someone is trying to replicate (jacket in photo was decorated at an out-of-state shop. We have other vikings, but this one would be a nice addition to our selection. I have a digitizer but prefer to purchase it legitimately from the license-holder if possible.

Any suggestions where to look for a quality designs? Google searches just brings up the same old (home/hobby-user type) junk.

Thank you!
Judi

WildWestDesigns

I have a digitizer but prefer to purchase it legitimately from the license-holder if possible.

I wouldn't go with Etsy or Ebay if this is a concern. I highly doubt a lot of them are license holders. Not to say that there aren't some that are, I just doubt it.

Any suggestions where to look for a quality designs? Google searches just brings up the same old (home/hobby-user type) junk.

I tend to create me own designs (stock and one offs), but I would look at Dakota Collectibles or Embroidery Library. They both are more responsible with making sure that they have the license to sell and with quality. Certainly a lot more concerned about that then quite a few that sell on Etsy or Ebay (not all are that way on those sites, but I would say that it's pretty close to the majority).