• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Image Authentics

Looking for a used 60" to 64" Laminator with heat assist to replace IMMEDIATELY. Brands preferred are Seal, Royal Sovereign and GBC. Need immediately!

Located near Detroit, Michigan but will travel within a reasonable radius.

Last edited:

karst41

Seal is EXPENSIVE. Service BLOWS! Customer giveadam? NOI PARTS NO, Seal NO!
my 62 Pro went to recycle thanks to the warehouse taking 4 MONTHS to ship out Parts.

Royal Sov. Customer Care I dont know but I heard the dude who headed up customer No Care
sought employment elsewhere. I have the RBH with top heat assist.
It is fast, Very Fast. Full roll in less than 10 min.
The Top Heat Assist Sails past 135 deg. So I monitor it with a laser gun,,,,,,(dont buy the General Laser Temp)
Roller Adjustment is a Major Pain in the Arse Rollers are crowned and with each adjust on either side
it see saws and instantly throws to other side off. There is a trick to it, and requires 5 points of measure
with pull testors,,, did you catch that plural s. A pull testor from RS is $100 and is basically a cheapo luggage scale and a
.002 SS strap 1.5"w x 14" L
Buy the cheapo digital luggage scale $6.00 each from walmart ebay or amazon. You will need 3, yes Three.

GFP has Temp Adjust, good speed and probably 100x easier to adjust than the RBH.
Your Options will be a rear take up reel. If you do not get this at time of purchase you will regret.

GFP also has a Slitter Option. While it is Pricey, that is a killer option to have. I agonize not buying GFP
for that option

No Matter who's Laminator you buy The company you buy from Needs to install it at time of delivery
and be competent to make the adjustments. If you think or if sombody tells you a new one will not need.
well they probably just lied to you and will give not one carp about you.
These things weigh 800lbs and the crate takes a beating during shipping

With Royal Sov.
Bell & Howell services Royal Sov in my area. they also service HP Printers.

My RS New, needed alignment after delivery. Royal Sov was acting badly and I was at a critical cross road
on a huge job, I finally said FK it!, and called B&H Service.
call 2 hr was $380.
When I spoke with the Billing Clerk at B&H. She said, your laminator is under warranty and tore up the invoice,
and billed that chit right back to Royal Sov. WTFG Bell & Howell

Go Put Hands on a GFP and review the Aligning procedures and every several weeks, tweak it if needed.
Plotters require new blades and offset adjustments.
Your Printers are Maint Whores.
Your Laminator will require attention too.

Rear Take up is Mandantory. It will be quoted as a seperate Item with GFP but is Std with RS and Seal.

NEVER go anywhere near a laminator with a sharp blade NEVER!

Last edited:

jfiscus

Rap Master
In response to the above post about laminator setup/maintenance on GFP: When we purchased the first GFP563th we have the vendor set it up for us and we've never had issues out of it that require "tweaking" or "adjustment".
It laminates thousands of rolls per year and is around 6 years old. We do wear our the metal core rollers/reels(?) on the take-ups and go through a couple of them a year. The next two we just unboxed and got to laminating with them, never an issue/adjustment out of them either after multiple years besides the same thing with wearing out the rolls/reels. We can train new hires on these machines within a couple days to be fully independent.

We do not have the slitter option on any of our laminators, but we do have our own slitter machine here. It would probably be nice to have on the laminator itself though.

SimpleStencils

I have a 60" SEAL, in good working condition, well maintained. I purchased from a sign co going out of business with a bunch of other equipment. I don't have room for it. I will let it go for a reasonable price but I am located in Gainesville, Florida. Let me know if you want more info.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Calling now, Thank you for the suggestion! Our 22 yr old GBC finally said "good night."
Which model did you have, and are any parts salvageable? We just shorted something out on our 1264 and scrambling to get it back up and running or replaced.

Good luck with your search! Those old GBC's are workhorses.

redprint

I have a 60" SEAL, in good working condition, well maintained. I purchased from a sign co going out of business with a bunch of other equipment. I don't have room for it. I will let it go for a reasonable price but I am located in Gainesville, Florida. Let me know if you want more info.
What model is the 60" seal laminator. Do you still have it?

madone

Looking for a used 60" to 64" Laminator with heat assist to replace IMMEDIATELY. Brands preferred are Seal, Royal Sovereign and GBC. Need immediately!

Located near Detroit, Michigan but will travel within a reasonable radius.
GFP laminators are worth finding too.