• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for vinyl ready firearm clipart

DPMmx

A friend recently bought a gun/safe retail store and I am looking for a source for vinyl ready firearm images, in particular I need an M-16 rifle. If anyone can point in the right direction, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Ken

Can I buy an M-16 at buddy's store?
There should be one on every block...
Cheers!
Ken

S

Sign-Man Signs

Find a picture of what you want and send it to the Vector Doctor. He's the man.

DPMmx

We currently have 32 clipart images available at ExpressClipartcom that match the keyword firearm. Among them you will also find an M-16 image.

I did see that one, but he doesn't like it....looks to "cartooney" wants more of a sillouette type. I have something out of the Corel clipart book, but it will take me hours to clean it up to be cuttable.
Here it is.

Attachments

• m-16.jpg
    m-16.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 157

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Thank for looking.

No rudeness intended, but hours to cleanup sounds like you either are lacking the best software to do it or you are in need of the practice.

OldPaint

hours of cleanup.............to make a sorta sliouette?
take a pic o f the gun, fill it in with a magic marker...and scan..wala SILOUETTE

imaSIGNr

If you went into any gun shop or looked at any of the soldier of fortune type mags out there, you'll find tons of M16 pics. The library even. This country is all about M16's.
Like OP says, If you can find any pic, just fill it in with marker and you've got a silhouette.
There's a perfect one there in mega1 .

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think the original poster's terminology may not agree with mine.

What he is terming "cartoony" is simply what I would call "line art". Considering that the line art is by Steve Kafka, cartoony would be the last way I would describe his work.

Conversion to a silhouette, which again I think the original poster is using incorrect terminology, is a matter of a couple of minutes worth of editing in any illustration or signmaking application.

My guess is that the customer or the poster doesn't care for the pose of the object being in full profile and prefers a higher level of work in a more angled pose so as to display more detail and look more realistic.

Attachments

• m-16s.jpg
    m-16s.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 113

DPMmx

He was confused with the terminology, and myself not thinking clearly when posting conveyed the same mis-information. He actually wanted a wireframe.. I guess I was exaggerating a bit when I said hours for cleanup (that's actually what I told him to get partially what the job is worth as I have been doing these initial signs cheap to help get the store going.)
No biggie, converted it to a bitmap then traced in Flexi. Thanks for the help, and for keeping me on my toes!