• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to color match sheet of RED aluminum

BSL Graphix

Having all kinds of troubles matching or even coming close to the same shade of RED that matches Wrisco aluminum sheets. Everytime I do a race car wrap for a red dirt late model my wrap looks orange when I put it on. I've tried experimenting with CMYK and mixing myself and test printing and searching the internet and using diffrerent color prifiels, etc. but nothing I do seems to be even close. Any tips or ideas? I use Mutoh 1204 and Flexi-sign to do my design/RIP. And for the most part (I know sounds weird but its all I ever really used since getting into printing) I use Roland color profiles and have good success matching other colors of aluminum, but the Red is just awful. Also using IJ35C vinyl for the most part. thanks!!!

bannertime

Our process starts with a Pantone color book. We find the closest Pantone color and pull it into Flexi or Illustrator with a Pantone to CMYK tool or color table built-in. From there we may pick a few colors around it and print a sample to see how close we are. If we find a match, then great, if not we go back and convert to LAB and start making adjustments as necessary. Print about 10 blocks and go from there. Typically we can find a match in two to three prints. Sometimes you just can't match a painted sample with a printer and you'd have to go to a paint store and get an enamel paint match.

Or, if it's actually a vinyl overlay, then that works too.

Broome Signs

hi

what rip are you running?
have you printed out the rip colour pallet always a good starting point. try picking a red from the colour replacement section within the rip and assign it to the job

BSL Graphix

I'm using the RIP out of Flexi, but I use a color profile chart from Roland. I've tried printing a lot of different red squares with different CMYK values and am having no luck. I might get a set of the Pantone color charts to play with, are there any recommendations on them? I see there are a lot of different options there too.

Broome Signs

I'm using the RIP out of Flexi, but I use a color profile chart from Roland. I've tried printing a lot of different red squares with different CMYK values and am having no luck. I might get a set of the Pantone color charts to play with, are there any recommendations on them? I see there are a lot of different options there too.

Pantone colour Bridge is the one you need as it has all the CMYK and PMS colour and values side by side
roland profiles will be set for roland inks so i sujest sticking with muto icc profiels for your printer
you can allways try downloading the roland versaworks rip and loading in your Muto profiels
then you can play with the colour gamits