• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Looking to upgrade to new HP Latex Printer

WholesomeSigns

Hi, first time poster and hope someone could help me out. Our current printer is the HPL26500, we have loved it but are starting to run out of consumables and can no longer get any as the printer has been discontinued. We don't do a whole heap of printing as it is more of a side part of the business. Would like to stick with a HP Latex, that would be similar to the quality/speed of the HPL26500, but we want to make sure it will have plenty of life and won't be discontinued for years to come. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I don't think I can answer that for you. Would you buy a new or used car? Same idea.
There's little issues with L365 and I would personally gladly get a used one, although as low usage as possible of course.
I'm not sure about the price, $15k new? Used, maybe you could get one half of that.

Then if you really print sooo little, L115 probably would do the job for you just fine as well. New one is cheap and same quality as L365.
Really at the end of the day if you find one that is barely used, it doesn't really matter which model it is. L115, 315, 335, 365 it's almost all the same.

GC Decor

Super Printer
I would go new if your new into Latex & get a Install & training package - Most dealers offering them in different price ranges depending on your area. With a new purchase you get a 1 year warranty. We have always had bad luck with used printers & cnc - Most people sell equipment when there is something wrong with it or they don't use it enough, which can be just as bad.
That's just my personal opinion, budgets & usage also play a factor. I know a few local companies who only buy used equipment & they are doing just fine.

george paris

I have a L260 (presently not working - needs a heat assembly unit). You can still get printheads for it on ebay. I tired the knockoff print heads but had awful luck with them. I was using STS inks as a replacement for HP's, and they worked fine for me. Seems that there is a limited time that HP supports their Latex machines. I went with a new L335, very similar to the L260 and comes with a simplified version of Flexi for the rip. I have some consumables left for the L260, (ink, printheads, cleaner kit, etc) is they would help you get further down the line with your old 260.

AGCharlotte

if there's a need for 60" then L335/365, otherwise the L115 is a good bang for the buck or a L315 (though the price difference between the L315 and the L335 is negligible).

karst41

Going from the L26500 to the L365 is a great move.

The Brand new Printer is going to save you on Maint cost and compared to your 265
its going to cover those cost in spades.

The Heat factor Gone,, and AMEN,,,
Online Media Library,,,, Killer

From Dead Cold Morning first rip,,,, Holy Chit! very fast as in You are no longer in the Stone Ages

Get it, you will not regret,, and Do Not buy a used one, DONT.
You are going to be really happy with the cost recovery.

I would add that Flexi 10 ripping a L26500 will hit every pantone color
in the book that does not use Rhodamine Red or Pantone Green

If you are running Flexi Subscription current versions you going to
a seamless transition.

Cheers

karst41

I don't think I can answer that for you. Would you buy a new or used car? Same idea.
There's little issues with L365 and I would personally gladly get a used one, although as low usage as possible of course.
I'm not sure about the price, $15k new? Used, maybe you could get one half of that.

Then if you really print sooo little, L115 probably would do the job for you just fine as well. New one is cheap and same quality as L365.
Really at the end of the day if you find one that is barely used, it doesn't really matter which model it is. L115, 315, 335, 365 it's almost all the same.

Great analogy,
When you look att a used car the first thing is the Mileage, and the sq ft of media totals
is the exact same thing. With a Car the Big Maint Hits are at 100k Miles
With these printers Schedule 2 and 3 are the big hits.
When done by a certified HP Tech like Bell and Howell, your printer is good to go for
the next 100k miles.

Plus this I guarantee
A used car salesman is going to lie or say wtf ever to close the deal.
A sign shop selling the used 365 will avoid answering the volume or sq ft of media
run through these printers.

I will guarantee you this too
The Latex Roll to Roll printers are great, but these are not the $300,000 Sciteks
I calculated (analytics) that the Roll to Roll Latex were designed with a life expectancy
of 1000 rolls of 54"x50 yard rolls. or 3-5 years in a Busy shop.
Are you kidding? 800 is the realistic number and after 800 rolls inked down.
You will have made a lot of money. Whats avarage rate these days $18, per sq?

If you see a 365 for sale that is Only 2 to 3 years old for Only $8500
Man they have run the dog out of that printer, and the Poker Tell is ask for the Volume Totals
on the Printer. When they Say I dont have that info, You say. Get it. They wont.

Look forward to your remarks on this, if you have any.
I