• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost left cyan in JV5

Driving Force

I have seen this posted before, but no answer. I am having an issue with the left channel of cyan on all my heads on a JV5.
They randomly run out of ink and drop nozzles. bad enough I can even get any kind of print to come out. I have changed all of the o rings in the entire left inkset, I changed the dampers and tops, and the valves on the ink cartridges. I still cant get a consistent flow through this thing. I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Anyone got any ideas or some ideas?

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
I have seen this posted before, but no answer. I am having an issue with the left channel of cyan on all my heads on a JV5.
They randomly run out of ink and drop nozzles. bad enough I can even get any kind of print to come out. I have changed all of the o rings in the entire left inkset, I changed the dampers and tops, and the valves on the ink cartridges. I still cant get a consistent flow through this thing. I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Anyone got any ideas or some ideas?
If it happeneing only on the left channel then it must be something common to them all.
what happens if you swap the cartridges from all the left to the right and visa versa do you get ink flow?
I have had many jv5's with no ink flow and its always cyan,
I mostly have found the heads on those channels can have blocked filters inside the head.
you have already replaced all that I would have done before condeming the heads.
Can you see any ink flow if the valves are open and the dampers valve opened by pushing it in manually?
this will determin if the heads are blocked, however you really need to be in service mode to do this.
Do you know how to get into service mode?
Tekkie1:thankyou:

Driving Force

Well, after a full week and a half of throwing everything possible at the machine it came down to some bad ink cartridges. Looks like Mimaki has a bad run of ink out there. I finally realized this after the cyan started dropping on the other side not long after I changed those carts. Once I decided that was what was going on, I had to come up with a way to back flush cleaning fluid through the print heads. I completely flushed the cyan system, put in 4 new cyans of a completely different lot number and back flushed the print heads. That finally got me printing. Really not happy with Mimaki right now. I think i need to discuss my situation with them.
If anyone with a JV5 starts having these same problems please let me know.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Well, after a full week and a half of throwing everything possible at the machine it came down to some bad ink cartridges. Looks like Mimaki has a bad run of ink out there. I finally realized this after the cyan started dropping on the other side not long after I changed those carts. Once I decided that was what was going on, I had to come up with a way to back flush cleaning fluid through the print heads. I completely flushed the cyan system, put in 4 new cyans of a completely different lot number and back flushed the print heads. That finally got me printing. Really not happy with Mimaki right now. I think i need to discuss my situation with them.
If anyone with a JV5 starts having these same problems please let me know.

Hmmm I have seen this in the ink type ecohs1 but it was taken off the market for this reason (cyan problems only) but all the ink was removed from sale all colours.
In saying that I have recently had the same problem in HS ink on a jv5 only cyan. It took me over 4 hrs to clean out blocked filters in one head... position 2 and 7.

what type of ink are you running?
Tekkie1

Driving Force

I have only used mimaki ink. I have heard the horror stories about other inks and just figured it was safer to use oem inks only. It only looks like the cyan is the problem. I am hoping to find others with this issue so I can try to make mimaki address this issue and take care of situation properly. I also spent a ton of time and money to diagnose and fix this problem. I still have some nozzles not firing and in my opinion I think they should look at replacing the heads. If they supply ink that is defective, they should repair the machines properly. Of course all they tell me so far is that no one else has had a problem so it can't be their ink.

Hmmm I have seen this in the ink type ecohs1 but it was taken off the market for this reason (cyan problems only) but all the ink was removed from sale all colours.
In saying that I have recently had the same problem in HS ink on a jv5 only cyan. It took me over 4 hrs to clean out blocked filters in one head... position 2 and 7.

what type of ink are you running?
Tekkie1

Ludovit Kalazi

cyan mimaki

I have seen this posted before, but no answer. I am having an issue with the left channel of cyan on all my heads on a JV5.They randomly run out of ink and drop nozzles. bad enough I can even get any kind of print to come out. I have changed all of the o rings in the entire left inkset, I changed the dampers and tops, and the valves on the ink cartridges. I still cant get a consistent flow through this thing. I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Anyone got any ideas or some ideas?

I have the same problem with cyan ink on my JV5.
The problem started in april 2013. At first one of heads quit
printing ink through nozzles. I changed the damper but the problem remained the same.
And plus quit to print other cyan heads.
I invited a mechanic from Mimaki service. He tried to clean the jets but he couldn't
solve the problem. He wrote the letter about my problem to Mimaki center but they answered him
that I have problem with heads and that it is normal thing after 4 years of using heads.
They gave him advice to change all heads. It is stupidity. Why do I have a problem in
4 heads only with cyan ? I have changed cyan cartrige since than 4 times and the problem is the same.
I will not change the heads in price 3000 € per head. I rather buy new printer and maybe it will be cheaper.
I can see now that you have the same problem with cyan as my printer.
I think that this problem was with cyan ink. I don't know how I can clean these heads.
I think that heads have inside some gentle filter. This filter is blocked and the ink
cannot flow through it. We use mimaki HS inks.