• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Love my hp 5500 with bulk uv ink....

jjugul1

just got mine yesterday. works great and love the quality.

Attachments

• DSC_6835.jpg
    DSC_6835.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_6834.jpg
    DSC_6834.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 132

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Lol no thanks, maybe after you have used it for a year with no problems. Probably will go through more printheads also.

tomence

So using this UV inks that you have can you print on anything now like uncoated vinyl, banners etc.

Billct2

Looks interesting, but I'll wait and see.
Right now I have reliable UV ink from Lexjet for $145/lt($99/680ml) and it doen't require a bulk system.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Looks interesting, but I'll wait and see.
Right now I have reliable UV ink from Lexjet for $145/lt($99/680ml) and it doen't require a bulk system.

Just an FYI I carry the same ink as Lexjet and I am at $81.00 per color and $105 on the printheads.

Bly

So the Lexjet inks are working well on all the same media as OEM inks?
I tried Staedtler refills a few years ago and they were a complete disaster.

Billct2

I tried several other afternarket inks with little success. The Lexjet has proved to be very reliable, occasionally I'll have a problem, but few, and they always fix it.

Bly

Thanks Bill. I've contacted them to see if they are available here.
Mind telling me what problems you have had?

Billct2

When they first started making them, several years ago, occasionally the printer wouldn't recognize a new cartridge. Now once in a while a cart will say empty before it really is. I keep two carts of each color and a printhead in stock at all times.
I've been very happy with the Lexjet ink and many of their materials also.

Dice

Why are they called UV inks, does UV light dry them? What do you guys print with your 5500?

Bly

No the UV inks are simply waterbased pigment inks - UV resisitant.
They came out before UV cured inks were around.
I've had mine for years, they're good for posters and backlit prints.

Billct2

Aqueous machines have Dye Based Inks (higher color gamut/interior use only)
or UV/Pigmented Inks for exterior (or interior use) they are water and UV resistant.
I did some exterior signs with UV inks on PSA vinyl with laminate when I first got this machine, assuming the signs would be in place a year or two, some are now 10 years old and still look good.

jens

we use sam ink. but our bulkinktanks are stacked higher (2m above the floor) so there is mutch pressure. We can run the printheads for 3000 ml and more. we use it for 4 years now. never had a problem. you dont have to converse you whole printer and we use inktanks who can contain 5 liters.