• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Low Tac Mask for GS750 plus?

kritze66

I am needing a low tack mask i can cut designs and lettering on my Gerber GS750plus. Will be placing the mask on styro foam like the kind you use for insulation. and need it to peel off without taking any of the styro foam with it. Any help would be appreciated!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I think you're going to have an extremely difficult time removing the transfer tape without pulling up the mask.

JB

Grafix

You could try the Oracal LT95 but like James said it may take off some off the fine styrene. The other thing is will it create enough of a mask if you are painting the polystyrene?

James Burke

Thanks for the help you guys have given. Yes i will be painting the styrene.
In that case, do you think you could apply transfer tape directly onto the styrene foam and pounce the pattern, and then carefully hand-cut?

JB

kritze66

I really don't want to hand cut. Maybe my idea isn't possible? It's not for a customer, just an idea i had. To make Halloween tombstones. lol

James Burke

I really don't want to hand cut. Maybe my idea isn't possible? It's not for a customer, just an idea i had. To make Halloween tombstones. lol
I had a very strong suspicion that's what you were up to. I actually make them from granite.

You can make it work. Just give them a good coat of paint first, allow enough time to dry, and then use a low-tack transfer tape...making sure you pull it off parallel with the substrate.

JB

kritze66

James, I make them from Marble and Granite too. They don't blow away in the Kansas winds! lol I was just trying what i thought would be an easy way to do them in styrofoam to make a few extra bucks since most people like that.