• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lx850 Odometer

kalvix

Ok, Latex Gurus,

So I'm looking at a 2012 Lx850 with about 300k sqft of usage on the odometer. I am a little skeptical about usage run, and wondering what could have reset the odometer so as not to show the accurate usage? Should i be worried about the low count on this machine?

Thanks,
Kalvix

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What makes you think that is not the correct usage? I calculate that to average maybe 445 fulls rolls of material....may be right if it wasn't run that much.
We are almost at 100K sf on our L260, and we've had it 2 years. And it runs quite a bit.

kalvix

Because we have readily run through 200K sqft of material in our former L25500, L260 and L360 in a year. and most of the LX610 and Lx850 have over 500k and some over 1MM sqft of material. So, while i think it is possible that in 3.5 years they ran through 260K of material it doesn't make good use of the machine.

I'm only asking if it is possible to reset the useage counter on the Hp Latex Printers? and if this could be a possibility with this one. I don't want to get in too deep with a changed odometer.

anyone else?

Hotspur

HP Latex 850

Ok, Latex Gurus,

So I'm looking at a 2012 Lx850 with about 300k sqft of usage on the odometer. I am a little skeptical about usage run, and wondering what could have reset the odometer so as not to show the accurate usage? Should i be worried about the low count on this machine?

Thanks,
Kalvix

An operator / user cannot alter this - the user maintenance routines & Preventative Maintenance servicing rely on accurate usage reporting so there's no way to change this.
On the IPS software running the machine you can generate a Service Info page "Information - Service Information" which gives chapter & verse on every aspect of the machines history as a webpage - get them to generate one and send it to you. It can't be changed and will give you every bit of info you could ask for. Also there are 4 Preventative Maintenance kits needed at certain usage periods - these consist of spare parts and need a service engineer to fit. Often printer are sold when they are nearing one of these milestones so ask them how long it is until the next kit is needed (machine will tell you) as the cost of this should be factored in.
I have a demo latex 3100 (was a 3000) that is a year old and is now up for sale - it prints at twice the speed of an 850 for the same quality and yet it's had less than 30 rolls through it since new - so there are machines out there that don't get much usage.
You should be good to go with a new set of heads & you will be back to as-new image quality.
One thing to note - these are not simple machines to get the best from so you should invest in a few days of training from an experienced HP engineer.