• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lxi/flexi question

tltaylor22

So i've made the jump from my second master machine with winpc to a graphtec fc7000 with lxi8 master plus software. I've finally got the thing cutting, but need some help. When you go to the cut/plot screen the image that you are going to cut has a highlighted box around it. That box extends an inch or so beyond the image on all sides. If I load a 15 roll of vinyl and set it as such in the software and try to cut an image that is 14" wide, the image gets split even though it would fit on the material just fine. Is there a way to get rid of this box and just fit the image to better fit the material? Thanks for the help.

Trent

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Set the panel margin to zero. Second tab on the cut/plot dialog.

Set the weed border to Off. Third tab on the cut/plot dialog.

imaSIGNr

In mine , using a 15" roll the max I can get is 12.5 in width cut,unless I trick the machine by taping a false edge to the vinyl so I can extend my pinch wheels out. ...You loose about 2 1/2 in. otherwise.....

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In mine , using a 15" roll the max I can get is 12.5 in width cut,unless I trick the machine by taping a false edge to the vinyl so I can extend my pinch wheels out. ...You loose about 2 1/2 in. otherwise.....

You might want to read about the 'Expand' setting in the plotter's manual.

Even without the Expand set to something besides zero, 2 1/2" is silly. I routinely give up about an inch or so and I'm fairly generous with the roller settings. If I tighten it up some I can reduce the total margin to less than an inch.

imaSIGNr

I usually keep at least .1" margin and running my pinch wheels centered over punch holes ( if punched ).I might be able to get 13" if plotter tracks well....

james at jim's

we have a panther and a mimaki, both are friction fed. sometimes i can get 14 inches, with the panel set to 0 and the weed border turned off, for a short run. on a daily basis we usually end up with 13.69 - 13.88 with our panel set to .08.
you may have to try a wider material if you plotter can take it.

tltaylor22

Why does flexi even put a panel margin in ther to begin with? I have run a low end version of winpc for two years and when you go to cut, your cut panel is the height and width of your image. You just have to be samrt enough to not run it past your vinyl.

Bob, I assume that you have to fit the panel margin to every cut you make if you don't want the standard margin? Thanks for the advise, it came in helpful today.