• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LXi help, recommendations ?

FDSignworks

Greetings,

I currently use VE LXi Master Plus with Vinyl Express cutters. It has worked for me for the past 5 years for what I am doing, but I am seeking out additional recommendations for my specific application of what I'm using it for. I have a product line, and have designed "templates" for all my products that I make, which is approx 60 different products. All of them are different shapes and sizes and custom drawn for specific applications for the Fire Service. When I input names into these "templates" I have to double click the template, type in the name and then move on to the next one until I've done all the names. The problem is that I then have to use the Arc tool to resize every single name to fit perfectly into this template. That, and double clicking each one then typing, then double clicking for the next one compared to just hitting the enter button to move down to the next line, takes time. The resizing process is what takes the most time however.

I have thought about using Illustrator and then importing the files into LXi to cut, but dont have much experience in Illustrator. Is it able to create templates with sizing parameters within the template, so I dont have to resize every single name? Or is there another program that can do this? I believe I'm pushing LXi to the limits with how I make these, and dont believe there is a way to do it within LXi. Any help would be great.

I've attached a small pdf to give you an example of what I'm talking about. This picture is one of my templates that I created and showing you that when I type in a name, it does not autosize inside the template.

Thanks

Attachments

• template sample.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 105