• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lxi on new computer problem

Greenthorn

I have put together a new computer and am having an odd issue with LXI Master Plus connecting with my plotter (Lynx-24).

It will cut fine, but it won't "poll" the plotter for the cuttable material width. The Lynx plotter is a low end plotter and doesn't have any type of display or screen on it, so I have to rely on the software to "poll" the plotter to check the cuttable material width.

I have confirmed that the com port settings and the plotter settings within LXI are identical to my old computer. Yes the settings are identical except that the actual com port used is different.

I find it odd that I can send cut jobs and they come out fine, but the "poll" option in LXI returns an error: "Cutter is not responding to poll size."

Replicator

It could be as simple as using a different cable . . .

I've had the brand of cable be an issue before - go figure, but worth a try !

Greenthorn

It's the same serial cable I've been using. But I will leave that as an option to try. Don't think I have an extra one of them lying around though.

Greenthorn

New computer is running Media Center and will go to Vista soon.

I will see if I have another serial cable, if not, I'll buy another one and check that.

Thanks for your help.

Greenthorn

Haven't tried the parallel cable - but I don't think polling works using a parallel cable anyway.

The old (and still) sign computer is using XP SP2.

I'll have some time this weekend to dig through my useless box of old computer cables and parts to see if I have another serial cable.

I suppose the worst case scenario is that the old computer could stay and just run production manager, and use the new computer to do all the design work.