• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac Flexi key problems solved

H

HSG

I had posted before about Flexi not working with my new Imac. I had a Flexi rep contact me concerning the problem, and it now works on my system. I had to upgrade to Flexi 7.7v2, install new flexi driver update 1.0.0.3, exchange my Rainbow EVE3 key for a HASP4 key and download the Aladdin HASP driver. But, it now works. I apparently had bad tech support the first time I called.

Derf

I have an issue when I installed 7.7v2 today on my new iMAC.. (Intel Chip)

When I send a job to the FC7000-130 I get a dialog box that pops up and says “ Can not find job folder Macintosh HD:Application:FlexiSIGN-PRO7.7v2:program:FC700-130”

Now on the G5 powerMAC (not Intel chips) it works just fine.

I have an email into tech support now to see what is up.

H

HSG

Set up a job folder for your flexi files. Name a new folder and place it with your work folders (I just use Flexi). Go to preferences>file paths, under document - choose and select your folder for default document folder. See if that helps.

Derf

The response from Tech support was

We currently do not support our software running on the new intel macs. Our next release of flexi for the mac will be universal bianary, allowing it to run properly on the intel and power pc processor.

Technical Support Team
SA International
2 International Plaza
Suite 625
Philadelphia, PA 19113
1-800-229-9044

H

HSG

That's what they told me. Call Matthew at 1-610-521-6300 ext. 144. He was upset that the main tech support line would not help me. The person who told you it will not work needs to be reported. Also, you need to set the temporary file folder to be the same as the document folder.

Matthew Scher

Here is what I did to get HSG up and running:

1. Use Flexi 7.7v2 CD (previous release should work as well, but it is always a good idea to work with the latest version)
2. Use Hasp 4 key (Eve3 key has issues with OSX on some systems and Hasp 4 solves this)
3. Install latest Hasp driver. This is needed even if the key lights up. ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/hl/mac/HDD_Installer_MacOSX.dmg

4. Update keyspan adapter to 2.3 version to solve open port failed error message. http://www.keyspan.com/downloads/homepage_pn_usa28x.spml