• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Machine Overlays material options advise needed

dorine

I've been asked to make some machine overlays which I cut on my laser cutter but I'm a little stuck as to what materials to print on using my 2 printers. I have a BN20A and a Sawgrass SG1000 sublimation printer.

The card stock I'm trying to use is called PolyBak very durable/strong but also very porous. I've coated it to make it take the ink better but even when I coat it on both sides its warping and so wont stay flat and we cant glue the overlay to the machine as this would damage the machines. So the sticky vinyl option is not an option.

Any conventional and none conventional recommendations be greatly appreciated, happy to experiment and try stuff that should not in theory work but might with a little push :)

Glavin_ID

Print on vinyl then laminate with polycarbonate. Vinyl shouldn’t be laser cut and polycarbonate doesn’t laser cut well but you can cut with a plotter or by hand.