• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta dropping out of JV33

SameDay Signs

I have a JV33 and have a magneta dropping ink on the far left side...it will print then entire thing completely drops, i have replaced damper and the captop is new along with pump....cannot for life of me find the issue but was working just fine when i left on friday....the captop has been replaced twice in 6 months all the dampers were replaced recently and pump was replaced 3 times in 6 months....I have done a 5 minute nozzle cleaning and a hard clean and still comes and goes after just a few lines of printing

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's a common issue on the JV33s as they age. Usually it's the cap slider wearing down which causes the cap to not line up correctly which causes the left magenta to drop out. A quick fix would be to shim the slider. I have cut the handle of a swab off and taped it onto the part of the slider that the head carriage hits to move the slider before and it works. That is a good way to test it as well.

SameDay Signs

It's a common issue on the JV33s as they age. Usually it's the cap slider wearing down which causes the cap to not line up correctly which causes the left magenta to drop out. A quick fix would be to shim the slider. I have cut the handle of a swab off and taped it onto the part of the slider that the head carriage hits to move the slider before and it works. That is a good way to test it as well.
will try this...to be sure i know where captio and so on is obviously do you have a pic or isea wherei should be placing to be on safe side???i appreciate the help aton

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The part on the far right is where I put the shim so that when the carriage hits it, it hits a little bit sooner.
JV33-Slider__62096.1487791971.1280.1280.png

SameDay Signs

just did it and nothing has changed....everything looks great and perfect lines across them all with exception of the very left but the whole capping station was replaced less then 2 months ago so the slider i wsaa thinking should be good on top of it

papabud

Lone Wolf
might have a small crack in your manifold. or somewhere that is letting air in the system as it gets to that end of the machine

Terry01

Make sure your capping station is adjusted level.. There is an adjustment screw on the right hand side. Allen screw with a locknut on it. Also make sure your ink lines are tight and no air leaks. Remove the cover from your ink cart and check the solenoid is also staying energised

Last edited:

SameDay Signs

Looks completely good everything seems level and on top just isnt pulling the red from other dside....changed damper and damper is full its like its clogged from the damper bottom to cap top

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like you need to figure out if it's just clogged or there is a flow issue. Try swapping the left magenta with the cyan damper next to it. If cyan starts to print where the magenta should, the problem is above the head. If the magenta starts to print in the cyan area, you can rule out issue above the head. You can also hook a syringe up to the magenta channel and push cleaning solution through to see if it is clogged.

SameDay Signs

It sounds like you need to figure out if it's just clogged or there is a flow issue. Try swapping the left magenta with the cyan damper next to it. If cyan starts to print where the magenta should, the problem is above the head. If the magenta starts to print in the cyan area, you can rule out issue above the head. You can also hook a syringe up to the magenta channel and push cleaning solution through to see if it is clogged.
Im no tech but trying here....so i went ahead swapped dampers and sure enough cyan printed in place of red no issue whatsoever but nothing from magenta still....so what your saying i should syringe the bottom or the damper on magenta with cleaning fluid?

SameDay Signs

To simplify it was losing ink I cleaned its come back and lose it quickly I did this a few times then it was gone yet to return I swapped dampers and blue showed through but still no magenta...sorry for confusion I'm no tech vy any means

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Something is definitely wrong above the head. I would check the ink cartridge to see if there is any ink in there. Sometimes the cartridge won't flag the machine as empty and it will cause an issue similar to this. After that, I would start to suspect a bad valve possible behind the ink cartridges.

SameDay Signs

Something is definitely wrong above the head. I would check the ink cartridge to see if there is any ink in there. Sometimes the cartridge won't flag the machine as empty and it will cause an issue similar to this. After that, I would start to suspect a bad valve possible behind the ink cartridges.

SameDay Signs

Both carts are completely full and I tried to even swap them, I actually had new valves pout on 3 months ago when my head was replaced again for 2nd time in6 mm 6 months...I'm just frickin stumped

Last edited:

SameDay Signs

Problem taken care of, i undid the brass fittings on the back by carts which seemed a little loose and looked clog and after cleaning and retightening it seems to have done the trick

OmegaAdv

I have a somekind the same problem but my is in the one of the black's. When the printer is make test page and they are there it prints without errors but if I want to print something and printer before starting to make clean one of the black drop off. After that I have to stop to make strong clean and it come(before some changes and normal clean works, now not)... Ive changed a lot of dampers, also the valves, the o-rings on the valves and it is the same. I cant figure it, what happened.