• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta hazing on Mutoh Valuejet??

Flame

Hey guys, got a weird lil issue. I have a Valuejet, she's only a couple months old...and she started to print like a "haze". Basically a very soft magenta "shadow" that shows up on white areas. It's no bueno at all, and I'll get pics as soon as I run off a new print here to show it. Any ideas what's causing it? Static perhaps?

S

spmracing

Hey guys, got a weird lil issue. I have a Valuejet, she's only a couple months old...and she started to print like a "haze". Basically a very soft magenta "shadow" that shows up on white areas. It's no bueno at all, and I'll get pics as soon as I run off a new print here to show it. Any ideas what's causing it? Static perhaps?

Without seeing it, i would recommend cleaning the area around the print head and encoding strip.

Flame

Alright ... so update, since I can't seem to fix this problem. For starters, it's too faint to accurately catch with my camera. So hard to show here (which I know, just complicates it).... .but the hazing is definitely magenta, and also, it won't print a good solid red. It leaves the wave pattern in it. It doesn't do this to any other colors.

With head gap at high, it's noticeable. With head gap low, it cuts the hazing almost down to zero. But it still won't print a good solid red, either way.

I cleaned the entire encoder assembly... no changes. I soaked the head 3-4 times and ran multiple strong cleanings... no changes.

Nozzle check looks fine.

What do you think I might be missing here?

MagnetStew

Sometimes you can have all the nozzles present and several of the nozzles be spraying off to the side which would cause the overspray. The reason it gets worse once you raise the head height is that the overspray has a farther distance to travel. Have any head strikes lately?

Flame

Sometimes you can have all the nozzles present and several of the nozzles be spraying off to the side which would cause the overspray. The reason it gets worse once you raise the head height is that the overspray has a farther distance to travel. Have any head strikes lately?

Not that I can remember, but doesn't mean it didn't possibly happen. It's very strange, just a light misting ...

brycesteiner

Does this haze cover the entire area or just near printing? All printing or just near printing that has magenta in it.

As for the solid red, Have you tried changing profiles?

Does it happen to all files such as PDF and JPG's Or just one or the other?

If the machine is only a couple months old, I would put in for service. This is odd for a new machine. Sounds like a deflected or failing magenta channel. I would also check the cables. clean head and carriage cable ends with alcohol.