• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta Head on HP 8000

gq_snoops

I'm a newbie to this site, so please bare with me.

I have a HP 8000 that we've owned for about 4-5 years with almost no issues. We take ridiculous care of our machines.
We've had this issue for the past 2 weeks. All print heads are firing good except the magenta. It looks like scratch marks are going through when it prints. The nozzle check pattern is perfect with nothing missing. There is no lint or anything on the carriage. I had a tech come out and they recommended that the Capping station be replaced, so he replaced it for us. It ran great or a couple of days and went back to the scratching. Another tech came back out and said that the first tech didn't adjust the capping station correctly so he made the adjustments and it ran great for a couple of days and of course it came back. The tech came back out and could not figure out what was causing this and basically said that I should trade it in for a Seiko Colorpainter W-64s.

Everything is running great with the exception of this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

J Hill Designs

did they change out the dampers as well? could be dampers, any tubing connections (failed o-rings) or perhaps the pump line to waste is clogging

gq_snoops

Thanks for replying.

No they did not change out the dampers of rings. They only changed out the capping stations. Should I have the dampers and rings changed for the magenta or all the colors? Is this something that I can do myself or do I need a tech to do this? Where would I order these from? Thanks again.