• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magenta over ink/splatter

hi guys
I've got a roland sc540 i've just cleaned the heads and on the test print all looks good however when i print say some wording in black or red i'm getting this halo/mist of magenta ink surrounding all the black and red print i've seen this before and it's resolved intself in the past but i can't remeber how? is there anyone who could assist many thanks in advance

john

s7graphics

I have the same problem. I think to me, its the print speed. When I put it on high speed, i think its going too fast and splatters. When I lower it to high quality/slow. problem solved! I also think it's the capping station also. Maybe it was flooded and the head might be carrying the access ink and flinging it around? Mines was splattering magenta

Kaiser

FYI....this thread is 3 years old!

And there's a big difference between static related overspray and splattering ink drops....

Overspray would likely be static or lack of humidity as already stated but ink drops actually falling off the head would likely be a fiber or hair on one of the heads.

or negative pressure, or your head to close to your substrate if you have a strong vacuum on your table. The latter has happened to me believe it or not. Raised my head by 0.1 and it changed everything.